Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new site - the paleo feed page

intrigued is offline Member

new site - the paleo feed

Primal Fuel
    Hey all. I'm setting up a site called "The Paleo Feed". The goal is to be a one stop shop for paleo/primal related blogs so that you can keep up to date on your favorite sites.

I've got the basic shell set up, a handful of really solid blogs in already, and you can easily customize with only the blogs you want to see.

Now I'm here looking for some feedback. I think the most important thing right now is getting as many great blogs involved as possible, which I'm working on, but I'd love to hear any other thoughts or advice.

The Paleo Feed - Your Paleo Blog Network

Thanks!
    Nick

p.s.
    I read through the forum rules and searched the faq for a bit, so I'm hoping this post is cool, but if not I'll gladly delete it. I'm a lurker, but I love MDA and the forum community here is great, so it seemed like the perfect place to get some advice on a new site I'm working on.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Isn't there already an app called this?

Sent via lightsaber

Harumph. A very similar one anyway, just called "Paleo Feed". I had looked for other sites like it and didn't find any but didn't bother to check for apps. FYI, I am in no way affiliated with that app (which incidentally costs money and hasn't been updated since 2012).

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i like it well enough so far, i enjoy the 'everybody in one place' thing because i'm terrible with consistently looking up new blogs

and then going to read them

my bookmark folder is constantly getting filled then emptied of sites i plan on reading, there's a butt load
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Yeah, that's exactly the problem (of my own too) that I'm trying to solve. So, like I said, it's obvious I need to get more blogs. Is there anything else you can think of that you'd want/need to see on there before you would actually use it on a regular basis?

all i can think of off the top of my head that i should keep up on are nerdfitness and paleoforwomen

paleomg?

nomnompaleo?

stupideasypaleo?

what else is there.. so many, i don't even know who does strict blogging and who does strict recipes
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Yeah I've got feelers out with a ton of sites and I'm adding them pretty much as soon as I get "the go ahead", but it's going to be a rocky road of trying to get more blogs involved when people aren't using the site, and trying to get more people using the site before all their favorite blogs are in.

My big questions are: If the site had every paleo-related blog you followed on it, would you use it? Is there anything else it could do for you that would make you want to use it more?

give me a massage every time i visited

but yeah, i'll check in even if it didn't have every blog i wanted to keep up with. i dig it.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Hmmm, maybe with some sort of USB massage chair? I'll bring it to R&D.

Thanks! I'm glad you like the idea, if you come up with any requests, I'll be subscribed here, but it's nice just to hear I'm not the only one looking for something like this.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey, I just wanted to follow up to let you know that Paleo For Women did make it onto the site, so you can keep up with them there now. Still struggling through the slow process of getting more people involved.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast