Thread: Primal Apocalypse - Take #2 - The zombie threat is still there..... page

gingergypsy is offline Junior Member

Wink Primal Apocalypse - Take #2 - The zombie threat is still there.....

I was here just over a year ago. Under a different user name. Which is why this Primal Apocalypse is "take 2." I am using a different user name simply because to me that helps with a fresh start.

I went back and read much of what I had posted for my journal from last time - and I SO had the right attitude, seemed to have the drive, and definitely had the will to succeed. I don't know what happened, but I'm not going to dwell on it. This is a new year and dammit, it's time to get busy.

So yeah, zombies scare me. I think I have a phobia, lol. I can't watch those stupid zombie movies. Will there be a zombie apocalypse? Not likely. But there IS the chance of some sort of civil unrest in our future, maybe someday. And we aren't prepared physically. No, I am not doing this literally to be prepared for an apocalyptic event.... But the reality is if one is prepared for such things, one is prepared for anything, right?

And I'm tired of being sick and tired. So it's time for a change. This time, we are doing the 21-day transformation first, and then I think we'll continue the momentum into the 90-day journal. Today is DAY 1 of the rest of my life. And to give you an idea how determined I am that THIS time I will stick with it? We leave for vacation Saturday morning. A week of camping in the U.P. in MI. I love camping, and I love cooking over a fire and in my dutch oven. So it'll be a nice relaxing week where I have time to reflect and chow down on some tasty PB-friendly foods!

Day 2, and several pounds of inflammation water weight. Believe it or not my clothes already feel looser. Had a great breakfast of bacon and denver omelette, skipped lunch because I wasn't hungry, and I'm STILL not hungry at 3 p.m.? Craziness!

But just a quick post, cuz I'm leaving work now and heading home to get packed for VACATION! Leaving at 5 a.m. Long car ride, so going to get/make some PB-friendly snacks for the trip. Michigan upper peninsula - here we come on our next adventure!

Made a cooler FULL of PB-friendly snacks. Bacon, summer sausage, turkey breast, peppers, carrots, cherries. My goal is to NOT be tempted by gas station fare and definitely NO FAST FOOD. Clothes packed, car gassed up, camper already hooked up. Just have to shower and get cleaned up and then hit the road tomorrow!

We are planning on lots of hiking and will be biking around Mackinac Island. I'm taking my two favorite pairs of Vibrams and just plain can't wait!

Today I had lots of energy. I don't know if it was because of the good healthy protein and carbs, or if I'm euphoric because of going on vacation. Hopefully the energy level will continue!

Well we are home from vacation! Lots of walking and hiking. Tons of fun! A lot of driving, though, which was a bummer. But now it is time to really get down to business. I ate pretty good most of the time, but the last couple of days, not so much. Hubby is planning to really get into this with me, which is good, we both need the motivation.

Milicoqui is offline Member
    I'm with you on the whole zombie apocalypse...it's going to happen. It will be the virus type not biblical. Your vacation sounded like fun never been to MI.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mili, it was a great vacation! A little sad it is over, but ready to get busy eating healthier and losing weight....