Thread: Macronutrient Percentages for Women page

Roxy3 is offline Junior Member

Macronutrient Percentages for Women

Shop Now
    I was hoping to get some input on Macronutrient Percentages for myself. I am 4'11, and at about 100 pounds. I'd like to lose maybe a couple of pounds, but it isn't my biggest goal. I have a mild to moderate case of PCOS, so I am wanting to reduce carbs as much as possible. I want to see if I can reverse it with diet. I've always ate a Standard American diet..you know how that goes. Anyway, I do like to run for exercise, so I am assuming I need some carbs. Everything I've read says I need about 1250 calories to lose a couple of pounds. Would 50% fat, 30% protein, and 20% carbs be ideal to start with? Or should the fat be lower for women?

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    even for a tiny person 1250 is very low. how much do you eat now? if you are wanting to go under 1400 cals it's crucial that every bite count: liver, eggs, bone broth/gelatin, quality meats and fish; tubers, fruits, veggies. no crap snacks.

as for the macros, everybody is different so you will have to play around and see what works. if you want to go vlc to start, say <20 gms, you may need to ease off on the running in the beginning. vlc will whack out your electrolytes too, so drink plenty of salty broth.

are you sure you don't need to work on body recomp, vs. restrict cals so much?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    even for a tiny person 1250 is very low. how much do you eat now? if you are wanting to go under 1400 cals it's crucial that every bite count: liver, eggs, bone broth/gelatin, quality meats and fish; tubers, fruits, veggies. no crap snacks.

as for the macros, everybody is different so you will have to play around and see what works. if you want to go vlc to start, say <20 gms, you may need to ease off on the running in the beginning. vlc will whack out your electrolytes too, so drink plenty of salty broth.

are you sure you don't need to work on body recomp, vs. restrict cals so much?
    Sounds like very good advice.