Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Flour page

pk79 is offline Member

Coconut Flour

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Any brand of coconut flour you guys recommend? Also, anywhere best to get it? Went to WF and it was like $13-14/bag.
    boom.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Let's do organic is ~5$/pound bag. I love all their products.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

iamwubbzy is offline Junior Member
    I use Bob's Red Mill organic, but it's the only kind I can buy in a 30 mile radius. It's good, but I've seen cheaper.

Baxtherin is offline Member
    Tropical Traditions http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/or...onut_flour.htm has organic coconut flour for around $5.88 per pound. You buy it in 2.2lb bags though, and you have to add shipping. For a comparison, 2 gallons of coconut oil from there cost me 10 bucks shipping. The coconut flour does get cheaper as you increase the number of pounds you buy which could offset the shipping. I just checked, and it's $8.25 shipping for 4.4lbs of coconut flour. Tropical traditions does have a $16 minimum order, fyi.

pk79 is offline Member
    awesome. thanks guys.
    boom.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iamwubbzy View Post
    I use Bob's Red Mill organic, but it's the only kind I can buy in a 30 mile radius. It's good, but I've seen cheaper.
    I buy Bob's Red Mill Organic as well. I buy it on Amazon for about $21 for 4 lbs. with free shipping.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Marisa is offline Senior Member
    Coconut flour costs me about $11 a pound at the local natural market. Speaking of Bob's Red Mill, I'm hoping to do their factory tour on a return from a road trip next week so I'm hoping that the factory store + no sales tax in Oregon might make it somewhat cheap. Plus then I can pick up that, almond flour, coconut flour, hazelnut, flaked unsweetened coconut, etc. etc. and get to see how it's made

That's awesome Marisa. Have fun! It is a great company even though they sell a lot of grain products that we don't like...

Mermaid is offline Member
    The way to minimize your costs with tropical traditions is to get on their email list and take advantage of sales (lots of buy one get one offers!) and the occasional free shipping, great for heavy stuff like coconut oil gallons! At this moment you can Facebook them and use their 10% off coupon till midnight tonight. They are a very good company to work with. I highly recommend them.
    Mermaid

Thanks for the recommendation Mermaid. I am going to sign up fo their e-mail list right now! I am not going to buy the coconut oil but will take advantage when the deal comes up again (or a similar one).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast