Thread: Interesting Finding page

JeanPatrick is offline Senior Member

Interesting Finding

Shop Now
    Good afternoon everyone,

I just wanted to point out that I found an interesting research about how our body react when seeing sick people. It seems our immunity would be ramped up when we do. it's quite interesting IMO.

i went over it on my blog here (you can click the link to get to the original article).

Make sure you tell me what you think.
    Living the hard way has never been so easy!
    My paleo website : www.primaljournal.com

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Nice article. Well I dislike the notion that "paleos aren't getting the results that they're looking for" because I am, I think a lot of people just do paleo really dumb (Cordain!). But there is no denying that our artificial environment has a peculiar effect on our gene expression. Camping vs city-slicking. There is no comparison.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

JeanPatrick is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah, Paleo is definitely the way to go in my opinion. What I meant is that some of the strict paleos are seeing slower results than say, myself. I also meant that Paleo is more than eating a piece of meat and some vegetables in my opinion.

I agree with you that Cordain's paleo diet needs some tweaking here and there.
    Living the hard way has never been so easy!
    My paleo website : www.primaljournal.com

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Fascinating! I'm always tickled whenever a bug or virus attacks all the guys at work, and passes me by. They joke on the way I eat (or don't eat) and yet I'm the only one who never gets ill. At worst, when a really bad stomach bug went through knocking them each out for a day or two, I got maybe 30 minutes of mild nausea. I love being Primal.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    I remember reading something years ago that I had just brushed off at the time. Some survey was mentioned that said that caretakers of family members with terminal cancers had fewer cancers themselves than other members of their families. I wish that I could remember where I came across that. It was many years ago. There was no conclusion in the article, just the bare statement. It does seem to go along with your article.

During my last group of working years, in nursing, I never was sick. Only twice, when I was forced by hospital administration to take a flu shot. Whatever all that means.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, many of us who work in hospitals or other healthcare environments are exposed to a crapload of communicable stuff on a regular basis, and seem to rarely 'catch' anything. Of course, the one year that I didn't take my flu shot early in the season was the year I did get a horrible flu that turned into a pneumonia. Super high fever with delerium is not fun. On the other hand, I know many healthcare workers who seem to be constantly sick, granted these are typically the ones who eat horribly.

That said, I've not had so much as a sniffle since going primal in March, and my usual seasonal allergies are pretty much nonexistant this season.

Harry Guest
    Ah ha! Very interesting! My housemate and I almost never get each other's bugs. Maybe this is part of the reason.

mosin46 is offline Senior Member
    as i said in another thread,i have been an RN 39 years. last 20 in a tertiary referal hospital getting the sickest of the sick in ER,ICU,MS,procedure units,clinics. i have seen,and my peers agree,that we rarely get sick. when we do we get really sick and stay that way 2-6 weeks longer than normal folks. ???

periquin is offline Senior Member
    shot.
    Last edited by periquin; 09-15-2010 at 06:42 AM.