Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Macronutrients balance labyrinth page 3

RedValkyria is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    @noodletoy no worries. You couldn't know. I haven't even mentioned it on my journal (:
    I've been craving salty food, but it always happens when I'm about to have my period. I haven't linked it to my diet, but I guess that if it doesn't subside after the menstruation is gone, I should address it that way. Thanks for the tip.

@picklepete Thanks for the recipe However, I've no kitchen appliances other than a microwave... So yes, for now, I cannot prepare purees nor smoothies, but I'll hopefully get a job soon and buy an immersion blender with some accessories...!
    On the other hand, I'm UNABLE to select avocados. Every time I buy them, they're half rotten. I've even tried buying them hard, but I wait and I wait... And when I open them out of boredom, they're rotten (%

@Doc Thank you for the recommendation. I'll sure check it out (:
    I'm keeping in mind all that as well. I'm going through a hard and transformative period in my life. I've been on low-carb since mid June and my mood has crashed - however, I've addressed the issue with a couple of small sweet potatoes everyday, and positive affirmations all over my room. The mood is definitely better, and today's sleep has been much better than usual, so I guess the sweet potatoes are doing their magic.
    I'll insist until Sunday, but I don't have money for more food this week, so broth and avocados are out of the equation. I bought bacon, which has provided me a very nice, savoury breakfast (with champignons and egg)... But I'm not 100% satisfied. Living on such as tight budget as mine, isn't really helping me to sustain this "research".

@seboyandong My body has given me bad feedback about things that in the end, proved to be good for it. I tend to push it a bit further because it's a bit of a weakling - so I guess it's good that I'm strong willed and persistent!
    Yet yes, I keep the high-carb paleo in mind, not because it looks like a plausible alternative, but also because I love fruit with all my heart - but the autoimmune has proved that when raw, it hurts me quite a lot.

Homeostasis is a tricky thing!

Red-

oxide is offline Senior Member
    If you've been on this low-carb for over a month, then you're probably already fat-adapted, that is, ramped up the fat-burner hormones. If you fell that you have made that transition, then you can bump up your carbs. We've had a lot of discussion about that on the forums lately. Lots of people can handle more carbs, but it seems to work better if they make a low-carb transition first.

It sounds like you need to be on the higher end of the Carb Curve. Maybe around 130 g/day carb, possibly a few more? It's easy to do that without wheat or grains. High quality potatoes, rice, fruit.
    60 g protein may not be enough.. maybe bump up to 80 g/day?
    That will allow you to decrease your fat to about 85 grams. 130 carb + 80 protein + 85 fat = ~1600 cals/day.

For exercise, you may do well with yoga, or Pilates, or balance ball, or "body weight" exercises. They are all low-impact, low-weight, and won't build muscle. They will help your mood too.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

RedValkyria is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your anwer, oxide.

Monday evening, I ate some sweet potato, and it definitely made me feel satisfied, sleepy, and happy haha

The thing is, the yesterday, I was starving all day long. I was so hungry, whilst during this previous month, I've in fact been eating just a couple of times a day, and not much in fact.

I'm on 70g carbs trial week now, and I'll see how I feel eating this way. If I keep on having the palpitations and trembling legs, I will start tweaking it. Like you say, maybe I'm on the higher end of the Curve!

However, why do you think that amount of proteins may not be enough?

Red-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123