Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This article... page

Drumroll is online now Senior Member

This article...

Shop Now
    And the comments...

So, food allergies are "quackery and psuedoscience" now?

Apparently. Because this "waitress" has all the answers for us on the topic:

Definitive Proof That People Lie About Food Allergies | the bitchy waiter

"The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Nillos is offline Senior Member
    Well I do kinda agree with the article though.
    Unless you have a serious allergy to some sort of food, or you really really want to form a relationship with the restaurant I can't see a reason why you would go that far and possibly just waste the staff's time.
    Just cook your own damn food !:

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillos View Post
    Well I do kinda agree with the article though.
    Unless you have a serious allergy to some sort of food, or you really really want to form a relationship with the restaurant I can't see a reason why you would go that far and possibly just waste the staff's time.
    Just cook your own damn food !:
    But that last sentence could have begun AND ended her stupid tirade.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i have seen posts on HERE and other boards saying exactly that -- to claim an allergy. people have no idea the hoops a kitchen has to jump through to prevent cross-contamination.

and yeah, it totally wrecks it for those with issues.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Let me answer this from both perspectives since I was both a bitchy waiter and a waiters worst nightmare....

First I see no problem with claiming the allergy....I do it for my kids in fact.

So if I ever had to wait on myself I'd curse myself to all the cooks, bitch and moan...but I'd do my fuckin Job well anyhow cuz that's how I pay the bills.....and when I saw that the customer me is an amazing tipper to waiters who know how to answer questions courteously and get the food to me in the manner i requested id be damn happy if he requested to be seated in my section specifically on his next visit.

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    I have a real gluten allergy, and most of the time I eat at home if all possible. I understand what the waiter is talking about, some people have really asked me if it makes me sick. It is wrong to fake an allergy.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Swanson View Post
    I have a real gluten allergy, and most of the time I eat at home if all possible. I understand what the waiter is talking about, some people have really asked me if it makes me sick. It is wrong to fake an allergy.
    It's not wrong if you assume that thing to be toxic and you are limiting your dosage for preventative purposes.

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Life is to short to sweat the super tiny stuff.

If you're not allergic don't make it a drama if a dish doesn't perfectly fit within your dietary plan.

Too many 'special snowflakes' in the world already.
    What have you done today to make you feel Proud?

Nillos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    It's not wrong if you assume that thing to be toxic and you are limiting your dosage for preventative purposes.
    I'm no longer convinced that it is toxic to the point where it has to be avoided at all cost.
    And unless you basically bring your own ingredients, there's most likely going to be something non-primal in it anyway (oil, starch in the gravy, factory chickens,....)

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Factory chickens? Shocking!

I will only eat a chicken to whom I have been previously introduced by mutual friends at the country club or church.

What have you done today to make you feel Proud?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast