Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Alarm Clocks . . . page

Dave is offline Junior Member

Speaking of Alarm Clocks . . .

Primal Fuel
    I hate my alarm clock! The alarm is a noxious, jarring sound that sends my heart racing and puts my whole body into a fight-or-flight state that can't possibly be healthy first thing in the morning. There's GOT to be a better way! I don't have the luxury of just sleeping until I naturally wake up nor the luxury of a $150 Zen-chime clock. Please recommend other more gentle ways to awaken. Something that'll play CD's maybe? Thanks!

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a cell phone? I use mine as my alarm clock and selected the most pleasant low key ring to gently wake me up.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I have my cell phone play Moonlight Sonata to wake me up. Works well for me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    The Verilux Rise and Shine Natural Alarm clock has changed my waking-in-the-dark mornings to sunrise and chirping birds. I don't know if they carry the one I have, but Verilux has others.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Russ is offline Senior Member
    After getting onto a schedule i don't need an alarm clock. I set my alarm for a worst case scenario time and i generally wake up 1/2 hour befoer that and turn it off, i almost never hear my alarm clock

Grok is offline Senior Member
    We were talking about this at work today. There is an Android application called Gentle Alarm which starts off with low volume and gradually increased volume over a thirty minute period. So if you set your alarm for 8am, it starts at 7:30am and it gradually gets louder until it's 8am. This will wake you up immediately if you are in light sleep, and will gradually wake you up if you are in deep sleep. There may be a similar app for the iPhone.

I personally do not use any alarm at all and I find that this works best.
    Last edited by Grok; 07-06-2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Add sentence about not using any alarm

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    I only use an alarm when i have to catch an early flight. Otherwise the toddler wakes me up in plenty of time to get to work.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Some of you might think this short story is crazy but it is as true as can be...

For months I set my alarm clock for 7 am. Then I decided to go primal on April 5. For the next 8 straight days I woke up before 7 am and therefore never heard my alarm clock. I decided to throw it out. 9/10 times at minimum I wake up between 6 and 7 am. The other time it will usually be just after 7.

If I need to make a flight, wake up early for a 5K, etc. then I will set my alarm. But, the sun wakes me up naturally today and I believe this can be the case for anyone during the summer months.

When do you have to wake up by?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Puddymama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisous View Post
    I only use an alarm when i have to catch an early flight. Otherwise the toddler wakes me up in plenty of time to get to work.
    Exactly my first thought! Have a baby, you'll never need an alarm again!

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I would be scared to death to go without an alarm clock. Bosses are not forgiving when you try to explain that your primal lifestyle internal alarm clock failed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast