Thread: an introduction page

trapperjohnme is offline Senior Member

an introduction

Shop Now
    I have been enjoying MDA for sometime. and just came to the forums a few days ago.I have been sold on the low carb for years but never did much about it because i was not overly overweight. I started eating primal about 4 weeks ago and have only lost about 5 lbs, but have gone down abotu 3 pants sizes.(from button busting 32" waist to being able to get into (barely) a 29" waist). This was done with nothing but cutting out processed foods, grains, potatoes and sugar.
    My goal is to develop a high level of fitness. My motivation is huge as i am a 43 year old single father of a 5 yo girl and a 3yo boy. I owe it to them to have energy and to stick around untill they are well grown. I have had a high level of stress the last 2 1/2 years going through, desertion, child abduction, and a drawn out divorce. I have had sole custody of my kids since july 2008 and am just now turning attention to my physical wellbeing.
    my old method of getting fit was the traditional" free weights at the gym 3 days a week, and 3 days of cardio" Being a dingle dad with preschoolers , a job and a house just rules that out, I dont have time to get to the gym or go for a jog. I need something i can do in the house before they wake up. fortunately for me, i found cheapo's thread abotu simple fit yesterday and started that program today. I am contemplating doing some Tabata style workout in off days, maybe burpees or work on the heavy bag i have in my garage.
    I am not sure what i can offer on this forum at this point. While I have a bit of an interest in the details of a paleo diet, i just dont think that aspect would be a good investment of my mental energy right now. my focus of learning at this point is going to be the exercise and maybe getting a better handle on the big picture of the diet. What I may be able to offer is knowledge that is maybe tangentially related to a paleo lifestyle. I grow a lot of my own veggies and before becomeing a single parent a large portion of the meat my family consumed was wild game that I had harvested. I also have a hobby using straight razors for my shave, while not exactly neolithic, it is at least 19th century and closer to paleo than using an electric or a cartridge, lol.
    anyway, this post was probably overly long, but wanted to introduce myself and hopefully become a part of this community and gain encouragement to continue on in my quest to get fit.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Welcome
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.