Thread: congestive heart failure and copper page

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member

congestive heart failure and copper

Shop Now
    I have had CHF since an angina attack 11 years ago. Statistically, I guess I should have died at least 6 years ago. After 4+ years on Primal, I am in pretty good shape. However, I did have mild ventricular tachycardia a couple of months ago. They will be implanting a defibrillator/pacemaker in a couple weeks.

From what I've read CHF is a fatal, progressive disease with no cure. However, I have seen some information that copper can heal the damaged heart muscle. Does anyone have any experience with this or other ways of healing CHF? I do eat lots of kale, cashews and avocados, and some oysters and mushrooms. All of these are supposed to be high in copper.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Liver has a fair amount of copper too - and lots of other good things

I eat some liver, when I can choke it down. But not that often. LOL
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    My next book has a lot of information pertaining to different heart diseases.

"Since we learned that mitochondria are important for energy, they are also vitally important for muscle strength and functionality. The “heart” is considered your body’s most important muscle and requires a constant stream of energy to maintain proper health and homeostasis. The largest concentration of mitochondria in the body is in the heart. The average bicep muscle cell contains about 40 mitochondria, where the average heart muscle cell has about 4,000! Your heart is an “electrical pump” that requires a massive amount of energy production and proper mitochondrial health to function properly.
    Heart attacks are very damaging to the heart muscle; this is because heart muscle requires much energy and oxygen to function properly. When the heart tissue is deprived of these necessities, the heart muscle begins to die off very quickly, and extreme mitochondrial dysfunction begins. I if a person has a heart attack, or if they are recovering from one, certain supplements that help with mitochondrial function like CoQ-10 and L-carnitine are important to stop further oxidative damage resulting from their poor mitochondrial function.
    Statin drugs cause more damage to the heart muscle over a period in most people than elevated cholesterol would ever accomplish. Statins interfere with CoQ-10 production by blocking the necessary cholesterol pathway that is needed to produce CoQ-10. The lack of CoQ-10 production leads to mitochondrial dysfunction which is the cause of the muscle weakness, muscle damage, and even possible worsening of heart disease created by statin medications. It’s ironic that statins can worsen heart disease when the drug is designed to re mediate heart disease in the first place."

I recommend the use of ubiquinol with PQQ, L-carnitine, hawthorne, magnesium supplementation, Linus Pauling therapy, and proper omega 3 supplementation (you have to use less doses with CHF.) Of course you would need to run anything by your doctor first.

Good luck!
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $9.99.

Also, I have a fundraiser for my new book Fix Your Mitochondria: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/f...ergy/x/3599154. Please donate if you can.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Swanson View Post
    If a person has a heart attack, or if they are recovering from one, certain supplements that help with mitochondrial function like CoQ-10 and L-carnitine are important to stop further oxidative damage resulting from their poor mitochondrial function.
    Statin drugs cause more damage to the heart muscle over a period in most people than elevated cholesterol would ever accomplish. Statins interfere with CoQ-10 production by blocking the necessary cholesterol pathway that is needed to produce CoQ-10. The lack of CoQ-10 production leads to mitochondrial dysfunction which is the cause of the muscle weakness, muscle damage, and even possible worsening of heart disease created by statin medications. It’s ironic that statins can worsen heart disease when the drug is designed to re mediate heart disease in the first place."

I recommend the use of ubiquinol with PQQ, L-carnitine, hawthorne, magnesium supplementation, Linus Pauling therapy, and proper omega 3 supplementation (you have to use less doses with CHF.) Of course you would need to run anything by your doctor first.
    Thanks, Ron! I have consistently refused to take statins. I take CoQ-10 and magnesium (per your recommendations). Normally, the CoQ-10 is ubiquinol but I ran out and picked up some non-ubiquinol at the drug store.) I have concerns about omega 3 supplements but eat good quality fish 3 times a week. I also take minimum doses of Digoxin, Lisinopril and Coreg.

I will look into your other suggestions.

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Lisinopril depletes zinc. I would take Now L-opti zinc once a day.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $9.99.

Also, I have a fundraiser for my new book Fix Your Mitochondria: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/f...ergy/x/3599154. Please donate if you can.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Do you know anything about copper healing heart muscle?