Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big ass salad and raw-veggies issue page

RedValkyria is offline Senior Member

Big ass salad and raw-veggies issue

Hej everyone!

I've got a BAS problem. I cannot digest raw veggies properly. I don't eat anything raw after ~18h, and a BAS (or MAS, or SAS, or TAS...) is a huge issue.

Due to my stomach and gut problems (elongated stomach, pinned pylorus, and IBS-C among others), I've to chew A LOT when I eat. Eating a salad takes me around one hour, and that diminishes the severity of digestive problems (bloating, reflux, gas), but they still appear.

My question is: I-WANNA-BAS. WANNA. I'm from Spain and grew up with BASs every-day, but my body doesn't like raw, and so I barely eat it. Furthermore, I started the autoimmune protocol mid-June, and even though I'd to stop due to anxiety, low blood pressure, and rapid heartbeat, I'm still not eating fruit nor nuts.

I don't know if raw is a primal must, but I think I'm missing raw-goodness in my diet. I've tried probiotics and they don't help - and the whole point of my primal shift is feeling good!

Do you have any experience/thoughts about this?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by RedValkyria; 07-11-2014 at 08:55 AM.

are there any veggies that you can digest better than others? maybe make a salad using only those?

don't eat things that don't make you feel good. that's just dumb.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Feel free to cook your vegetables well, or even puree them if they digest better for you that way.

Thanks for your answers (:

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    are there any veggies that you can digest better than others? maybe make a salad using only those?
    All of them hurt, particularly leafy greens, the cabbage family, and nightshades...

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Feel free to cook your vegetables well, or even puree them if they digest better for you that way.
    Yes, I puréed them for a while and it really helped. And at that time, I was already wondering if not eating raw meant something bad for my body (the whole enzyme-topic).

Now I don't have a mixer nor a blender, but I'll hopefully have enough money soon...!

Red-

mchan is offline Junior Member
    I had to cook all my veges for a very long time years ago, I would get massive bloating from BAS. Also probiotics over a very long period, takes a while to build them, it sounds like you have different health issues then me though. Another suggestion is a BASS (big ass smoothie salad), I have a blendtec and sometimes blend all my veggies with avocado, oil, lime, and salt sometimes throw an apple in its pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Eat lots of ratatouille?

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you might be suffering from SIBO:

Treatment of Gerd Protocol #1: SIBO - FixYourGut.com
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Elliot is online now Senior Member
    If you can't handle raw veggies, then don't eat them

Thanks everyone!

@mchan: yes, that's what I think I'll have to end up doing: cooking all my veggies. they hurt even in smoothie and juice shape...

@Wildrose: i think ratatouille could kill me xD I'm intolerant to nightshades xD

@Ron_Swanson: I was tested for leaky gut, but nothing. That's why they told me it's IBS-C. Still, some off the symptoms are so similar... I'll buy some probiotics soon, and the magnesium is on the way. I also have organic, cold-pressed coconut oil, so I think I could do something with all that (not mixing them together. Ew)

@Elliot: my concern isn't so much about the symptoms, but about the fact of not eating ANY raw veggie and fruit at all. Is that really all right? I just always got the message of "eat salad and raw fruit several times a day", and all of a sudden... Nope.

I was reading about oral allergy syndrome and well, that tells me that it's definitely possible - and also, that I'm happy of "just" having what i have, and nothing else like OAS oO

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    certain veggies are actually better for you cooked. we tamed fire long ago, so don't worry about it. don't eat anything that makes you sick.

can you have dairy? start making kefir. check into the rs threads as well as supplementing with gelatin to help heal your gut.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast