Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big ass salad and raw-veggies issue page 2

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I don't think there is any reason to be concerned that you're not eating raw veggies. If you can tolerate some veggies cooked that's fine. Too bad about the fruit, I think that would be hard.

Several times in my life I've seen acupuncturist that practiced traditional Chinese medicine, everyone of them told me for my condition (classified as Cold/Damp) I should not eat raw vegetables or eat anything cold. About a year and a half ago I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition and it makes me wonder if that's what I had all along. It makes sense to me because all the herbs and treatments I did were supposed to boost my metabolism. It seemed to work when I was younger but as I got older
    I didn't have as much success with Chinese Medicine.

Anyway that's a roundabout way of saying I think not eating raw veggies makes sense. Also you may want to look into your thyroid function, particularly if you have a low body temperature.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Raw veggies aren't a necessity. If you want something cold, you can always cook and cool them.

If your missing fruit you could try cooked (stewed) fruits and see how you go. I like stewed apples with cream or yogurt.

RedValkyria is online now Senior Member
    Thanks everyone (:

I cannot have dairy - unless is less than 1g lactose / 100g. So no kefir...

As for the thyroid, it's been checked several times already (due to different ailments that aren't only food related, and it's good... But yes, it looks like I'm something similar to that... Should've taken advantage of the time I spend in China to pay a visit to the doctor...!

I thought about trying cooking them, yes. I found out that, whilst apples and pears are THE WORST when raw, homemade sugar-free compote actually helped me calm reflux... Maybe I should start steaming smoothies (x ...

... Maybe I should start by having a blender...

Thanks all for your advice. I'm more calm now (: I thought I was lacking some very basic nutrients. My diet is already quite restricted due to my budget and the "1/2 autoimmune" I'm doing...

Red-

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    you can have water or coconut milk kefir. you need to start rebuilding your gut.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

RedValkyria is online now Senior Member

Big ass salad and raw-veggies issue

Yes, I've been thinking about it... I remember drinking goat kefir, and I could almost feel it working its magic on my IBS-C.

I've to find out were to get water kefir, because, sadly, coconut milk is a no-no. It really hurts me...

Thanks for the suggestion/reminder!
    Last edited by RedValkyria; 08-16-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12