Thread: Yawn... page

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member

Question Yawn...

Primal Fuel
    I've noticed that I yawn a lot when I am at work. Is there a particular reason for this? I don't feel physically tired so I suspect it is because I am bored. I don't yawn this much when I'm home (or anywhere else) unless I am actually physically tired.

So, is it boredom? Or is it something else? Does this happen to anyone else?

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like boredom to me. A creative soul working as a compliance officer for a financial firm? That sounds like a recipe for disaster! ;-) See if the yawns go away if you do something fun like browse Pinterest - I bet they will!! 😜😜

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Quote Originally Posted by edennperez1 View Post
    It sounds like boredom to me. A creative soul working as a compliance officer for a financial firm? That sounds like a recipe for disaster! ;-) See if the yawns go away if you do something fun like browse Pinterest - I bet they will!! ����

Yes, they do! My personality/career combo is a disaster, definitely. It's funny though, because people here will comment that I am tired but I'm actually not tired at all, I just don't care about compliance! Basically, the second I leave here I perk up and I'm wide awake.

I thought maybe there was more to it than that, but there probably isn't.

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
    Yes, they do! My personality/career combo is a disaster, definitely. It's funny though, because people here will comment that I am tired but I'm actually not tired at all, I just don't care about compliance! Basically, the second I leave here I perk up and I'm wide awake.

I thought maybe there was more to it than that, but there probably isn't.
    LOL! My friend does a similar job but is a social worker at heart. Nightmare! She always asks me why she's so depressed at work. Seriously? It's cause you hate your job! ;-) BUT...dem bills gotta get paid!

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I yawn at work all the time. I think it's because I have a windowless office.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    I have a windowless office.
    OMG! Can you change job ???

Quote Originally Posted by edennperez1 View Post
    LOL! My friend does a similar job but is a social worker at heart. Nightmare! She always asks me why she's so depressed at work. Seriously? It's cause you hate your job! ;-) BUT...dem bills gotta get paid!
    Unfortunately, that's the truth! I got a job offer for a jeweler position recenctly, but the pay was so bad I could not afford to take it. Silly me, I thought jewelers were sort of a skilled trade, but apparently, they are not because the position paid $10.00/hour which is less than 25% of what I make doing this boring compliance stuff. So, jewelry remains a hobby for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    I yawn at work all the time. I think it's because I have a windowless office.
    It could be. But, I am in one of those stupid open concept offices where we all have a "right to light" and I'm yawning constantly anyway.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    OMG! Can you change job ???
    I can by all means, but I like my job.

As you work your way up the totem pole, you can graduate to offices on the outside of the building. I used to sit in the cube area, that was almost better as a window was nearby. Although I still yawned. Maybe it's the computer screen or the A/C.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    I work outside all day but the second I sit down to start entering data in the computer, I start yawning. People are supposed to be outside!

Sent from....right behind you....
    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.