Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion on Standing desk. page

Suggestion on Standing desk.

Shop Now
    Hello friends, i planning to buy a standing desk for home office. i am a web designer. so i'm sitting on a chair 6 -8 hours a day. due to this, i'm suffering from back pain. I search on Google for this problem & i found the reason for this problem is sitting. By searching on Google i found that standing desk helps lot to overcome from this problem. So i am planing to buy a standing desk but i am little bit confuse between adjustable height desk or simple standing desk. my problem is my budget i.e $400-500. can i get adjustable standing desk at this price. or i need to go with simple standing desk. Please tell me your suggestion or ideas.

Energy! is online now Senior Member
    I saw this Varidesk adjustable height riser in Skymall (ugh, I know) that allows you to raise and lower your computer. Around $300, don't have one but it looks like a possible option.

Rig D is offline Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Check out these two prior threads for ideas. As you evaluate, consider how much work space you need for books/paper in addition to your keyboard and monitor. Many solutions you see only provide room for your computer.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread104419.html
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57005.html

MikeB is offline Junior Member
    I have one of these Amazon.com : WorkFit-S Single HD Sit-Stand Workstation : Computer Monitor Stands : Office Products . So you use your existing desk and mount this to it. In turn this device allows you to raise your monitor and keyboard to standing height or lower it to sitting height. I find it quite acceptable in the year plus of use that it has seen. My only complaint is the mouse extension is a little flimsy but otherwise it's fine. They have different versions that accommodate multiple monitors.

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Before buying consider setting a timer and every 20 minutes get up and walk for a minute, stretch and go back to work. Just standing all day isn't always great.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I have one of these Amazon.com : WorkFit-S Single HD Sit-Stand Workstation : Computer Monitor Stands : Office Products . So you use your existing desk and mount this to it. In turn this device allows you to raise your monitor and keyboard to standing height or lower it to sitting height. I find it quite acceptable in the year plus of use that it has seen. My only complaint is the mouse extension is a little flimsy but otherwise it's fine. They have different versions that accommodate multiple monitors.
    Thanks For suggestion. I just want to know that is this switch automatically up or down bu just pushing a button or need to setup manually up or down position.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Here is my standing workstation made with a wall-mounted countertop if it may inspire you:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...00241317380149
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

MikeB is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorchristiansen View Post
    Thanks For suggestion. I just want to know that is this switch automatically up or down bu just pushing a button or need to setup manually up or down position.
    It's not powered. To raise or lower it you simply grab it and slide it up or down. There is a tensioning adjustment to account for differences in weight among monitors/keyboards so once you had it set right you can move it to a position and it will remain there until you move it again.

inupdateeve is offline Junior Member
    you are right, My only complaint is the mouse extension is a little flimsy but otherwise it's fine. They have different versions that accommodate multiple monitors. thanks for your sharing

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    They just delivered my standing desk the other day. It is an AdjusTables series 5. I have no idea what it costs, but it's a simple flat desk with a button to go up or down.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast