Thread: Bag for bicycle commute page

pwarner is offline Junior Member

Bag for bicycle commute

Primal Fuel
    I'm currently looking into riding my bike to work everyday. There is a gym at my work where I can shower and change but I am wondering if anybody has any suggestions about a good messenger bag to transport everything in? I know I can always use a backpack or a duffle bag over my shoulder but I am looking for something that is easy on the back while riding, will keep my clothes from looking like a wrinkled mess, and is big enough and has enough pockets to fit everything I need.
    Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated!

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    If you have a bike rack you can use these:

Amazon.com : Bushwhacker Omaha - Bicycle Grocery Pannier Cycling Rack Basket Bike Rear Bag - Sold as Pair : Bike Panniers And Rack Trunks : Sports & Outdoors

They just clip onto the rack and have a strap so you can carry them easily. I've had mine for years.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I have known people who recommend bags by Timbuk2 above all else. I personally dislike messenger bags because they always slide around. I just use a regular backpack.

Folding or rolling your clothes will prevent the wrinkling
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

biomags is offline Senior Member
    I commute via bike. Last year I was 5 mile from work, this year I'm 4 miles. I too have a shower. Last year my job was business attire, suits every day. Its relaxed to where I don't need a full suit, but am still in business attire.

I use two ortieb back roller panniers. They are water proof, large and durable. I place things in bags then in the pannier. (ie laptop bag, lunch bag, purse, ect.)

Amazon.com : Ortlieb Back Roller Classic Bag - Pair : Sports & Outdoors

Whats in my pack(s):
    Monday & Friday: I use both packs. Clothes for the week, rolled not folded. This reduces wrinkles if done correctly. It produces unwearable clothes if done wrong. Two 15 inch laptops (heavy kind). Makeup kit/shower kit. Lunch. Purse. Kindle.

Tuesday-Thursday: I use one pack. one laptop, Makeup kit/shower kit. Lunch. Purse. Kindle.

I keep shoes in my desk.

David_Hobdell is offline Junior Member
    You can Buy Gripped Bags....they are also popular brand.This comes with Dual pocket with large carry compartment & Double handle with shoulder sling.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Nameless, a "real" messenger bag will have a strap to stop sliding. I presently use this: Amazon.com: Tri-Color Drawstring Backpack: Clothing

These kind of bags can be good because they're capable of rolling up and being stowed in my rear rack.

M.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Any bag that hangs on you (messenger or rucsack) is not going to be as comfortable or efficiant as one that hangs on the bike (pannier or saddlebag).