Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GOING PRIMAL: Victoria's Progress page

Victoria Guest

GOING PRIMAL: Victoria's Progress

July 5, 2010

I have been Paleo for 2 weeks. I've seen a small amount of weight loss, but anything is good for me! My energy is picking up. I'm sleeping better, not feeling hungry at all (sometimes I don't eat after lunch at all ... which if you know me is almost unheard of!). Hopefully I can continue with this and get my body weight down to where it is supposed to be.

This is my planned eating plan for today.

Breakfast (8:30am):-

2 eggs (boiled)
    4 rashers bacon (thin slices)
    2oz mackerel (canned in water)
    4 large strawberries
    0.5 cup of blueberries
    1 tbsp olive oil

Snack (11:20):-

1oz almonds

Lunch:-

1 large chicken breast
    2 cups red leaf lettuce
    2 cups romaine lettuce

Dinner:-

1 large chicken breast
    2 cups steamed collard greens
    2 cups steamed turnip greens
    2 cups steamed spinach

Snack:-

8oz almond milk
    Handful of sunflower seeds

TOTALS: 1993 kcals - 49% Fat/39% Protein/12% Carbs

Adding in the almond milk and sunflower seeds my calories hit 2000kcal today.

For those wondering, last week I ate predominantly red meat. This week I decided I'd prefer white meat to break it up. I also eat about 2 portions of fish every week, my favorite being salmon.

ACTIVITIES

1hr P90X Plyometrics (10am-11am)
    Last edited by Victoria; 07-05-2010 at 06:47 PM.

Victoria Guest
    I have done pretty good today, with the exception of the added almond milk and sunflower seeds (which I didn't need, but I was watching a movie and got the munchies).

However, I am battling my first cravings today. It started about 3pm and I've been very good so far. The biggest craving is for chocolate, but an advert for a pizza came up and that hit me too .....! I haven't had a single craving since I started so it took me by surprise today.

I think I know the reasons though ... one I ate chicken today and last week I ate mostly salmon and red meat. I might need to have some more steak. The second reason is that I changed my Monday schedule. I used to have dance practice at 7pm but we moved it to Sundays instead. I think it's playing havoc with me.

So I'm sitting here saying over and over, "I do not need it". So far I'm winning .... I've drunk enough water to float a boat and have some chewing gum to keep my mouth occupied. I might go for an evening walk too.

Hopefully tomorrow the cravings subsist. Must keep myself occupied tomorrow.

Victoria Guest
    Well I'm having issues with weight loss again. So I am going to try a half day fast (I wasn't hungry when I woke up so that's good). I'll probably need to eat a little something tonight before class as I Want to have the energy to teach. We'll see how I go. I may make it all day.

Victoria Guest
    Made it to 12hrs fasting and had to eat.

So I'm cooking up a salmon fillet and let me tell you it's never smelt so good!

Victoria Guest
    July 6, 2010

Meal 1 (10:30am):-

1 large fillet of salmon
    1 tsp coconut oil

Meal 2 (1:00pm):-

4oz mackerel
    1 egg

Snack (5:00pm):-

12 squares 85% dark chocolate

Dinner:-

40z mackerel
    1 egg

ACTIVITIES

40 min walk
    90 mins teaching belly dance

Decided to have a predominantly meat day ... which turned into a fish day as that was what was in my fridge. However, I have a craving for bacon so I'm going to go fry some up in a minute for a treat!
    Last edited by Victoria; 07-06-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    So I missed yesterday and today because I a) couldn't access the page at all and b) when I could found I had to register again. Very odd, but oh well.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

July 9, 2010

Breakfast (9:00am):-

5 rashers bacon (uncultured)
    1 apple
    8oz almond milk

Lunch (2:00pm):-

1 large Porterhouse steak, pan fried in coconut oil
    1 carrot - lightly cooked
    2 cups mixed greens (turnip greens, collard greens and spinach) - lightly cooked

Snack (5:30pm):-

3 servings pork skins (with salt)
    1 apple

Dinner (8:00pm):-

1 can tuna (packed in water)
    3 eggs lightly fried in coconut oil (literally just until the whites were cooked ... the yolks are nice and runny).
    2 cups salad greens (romaine and red leaf).
    8oz almond milk

TOTALS (according to FitDay):-

2,471kcal
    158.6g fat
    100.1g carbs
    165.9g protein

ACTIVITIES:-

Walking, moderate pace - 40 minutes
    Weight training, general - 60 minutes
    Calisthenics - 10 minutes
    Yoga - 45 minutes
    Last edited by Victoria; 07-09-2010 at 07:31 PM.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

Monday marks the beginning of Week 4 on a paleo/primal diet. I've been quite pleased with my progress and haven't been hungry or suffered from any cravings! I haven't lost a lot of weight yet, but I have lost about 4lbs in total.

Starting Monday I'm going to increase my activity level. Most of this activity will be yoga and dance based as I am trying to improve my dance abilities. However I'm going to add two days a week of strength training and one day of high intensity cardio. I'm going to try and follow a schedule for 4-6 weeks and then change it up a bit (because I get bored quickly).

Tomorrow is going to be tough. I'm dancing all afternoon at a local benefit for a lady with a brain tumor. This means I will need lots of fuel to keep me going all day. The good thing is that the people we're dancing for are feeding us. It's BBQ so I'm pretty sure I can find something to eat ( minus the sauce). They are also providing us with free beer... (bad for diet ... but yay for free beer!).

So to try and make sure I can get through the day with minimal food diversions I'm planning to have a large breakfast at home and take some snacks with me. If I can find it I can grab some sauce free protein at the event.

My main problem is finding something to wear ... argh! I either have too many clothes to choose from or not enough ... I am leaning towards the latter...

This is what I usually wear (photo taken 2 weeks ago at a performance in El Paso) ... but I hate wearing the same thing twice .... haha!

MarkRose is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    My main problem is finding something to wear ... argh! I either have too many clothes to choose from or not enough ... I am leaning towards the latter...

This is what I usually wear (photo taken 2 weeks ago at a performance in El Paso) ... but I hate wearing the same thing twice .... haha!
    Well the good news is that you'll have a great excuse to buy lots of new clothes as your body composition changes. I'm looking forward to that myself.

In your intro thread, you said people don't believe you weigh 185. Well, I believe you: you have a lot of muscle. I don't think I've ever a tummy so toned, yet femininely supple. I love it. Your performances must be a delight to watch.
    The secret to Zen is just two words: not always so!

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast