Thread: New Here! page

Victoria Guest

New Here!

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,
    I was referred here by another member (Khrystyna) so I thought I would check it out.

I'm a 27 yr old mostly sedentary housewife, with a few hours a week dancing. Occasionally I do yoga, go for walks and even strength train, but I go through phases). I started to run out of energy to do anything and barely made it to my dance classes (I am the instructor so it would have been bad form to not turn up!). I wasn't sleeping too well, I kept getting headaches, and generally just felt a bit under the weather.

I am rarely ill though. I get a bit run down but rarely have colds, flu symptoms or anything else. When I have been sick it usually lasts a day and then I'm back to normal.

I do however have a problem losing weight. I have always been on the heavier side, but not obese. A few years ago I tried losing weight and ended up becoming bulimic. I got down to 139lbs and decided that I just couldn't live like that so stopped, and went back to my old eating habits. Over the next two years I put the 40-50lbs I'd lost back on. However, I had increased my activity so when it came back on it sat differently on me. No one believes me when I tell them I weigh 185lbs now.

I'm looking to shift the excess weight again for my own peace of mind. My doctor told me I should lose some too because my BMI was high. However she had no sympathy when I explained my problem losing. I can eat a salad and put on 10lbs (well that's what it feels like!). When I strength train I develop strength very quickly and gain muscle weight fast.

I started eating Paleo 2 weeks ago and have seen a moderate weight loss, but I did cheat a few days (lack of planning). I'm getting better at it though. I've increased my meat intake as well as the fruits and vegetables I eat and I'm feeling pretty good. My skin has improved, I've lost a few pounds (not a lot though) and I have had no cravings for any grains or processed foods. I've also not been hungry at all. Hopefully with time my body weight will continue to decrease.

I've experienced an increase in energy and I'm sleeping better at night (and sometimes during the day too!). So I am hoping to add to my activity levels. I miss strength training so I'm going to get back into it again soon. I currently eat about 2000 kcals a day. I use FitDay but I'm more concerned about getting enough nutrition than kcals right now.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and maybe get some advice when I run across obstacles.

Victoria

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the tribe! It sounds like you're off to a fantastic start. You'll have your ups and downs. We all do. If you have any questions, I guarantee you'll get answers here.

Victoria Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Welcome to the tribe! It sounds like you're off to a fantastic start. You'll have your ups and downs. We all do. If you have any questions, I guarantee you'll get answers here.
    Thank you!

Khrystyna is offline Senior Member
    Oh yay I'm so glad you came to check it out this is such a fantastic forum! If I can help in anyway be sure and get in touch! You could try posting your journal here to get fed back on how to boost the weight loss too.
    My primal adventures:
    http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/
    Cooking, nutrition, gardening, foraging, preserving, photography

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Well I had to re-register ..... My internet connection wouldn't let me access the forum at all. Then today when I could finally get back onto it I found that I'd been kicked out of the system. Technology sucks sometimes! Haha! Anyway, I'm back.

Hi Khrystyna!