Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lupus page 3

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Here is the ani-inflammation diet by Dr. Art Ayers:
    Quote Originally Posted by coolinginflammation.blogspot.com
    Anti-inflammatory Diet
    Components of an Anti-inflammatory Diet (focus on meats, fish, eggs and leafy vegetables)
    * Low starch and other simple sugars -- insulin and high blood glucose are inflammatory; so use complex polysaccharides (not starch); starch only in small portions (1/2 banana or one side of a hamburger bun) and preferably in unprocessed, less available forms, e.g. coarse ground or fat coated -- bread with butter; less than 30 gm in any meal, less is healthier, grains are frequently a problem -- gluten intolerance
    * No high fructose corn syrup -- high free fructose (in contrast to sucrose) is inflammatory and contributes to crosslinking of collagen fibers, which means prematurely aged skin; sucrose is much better than alternative sweeteners
    * High ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fats -- most vegetable oils (olive oil is the exception) are very high in omega-6 fats and are inflammatory and should be avoided; omega-3 fats from fish oil cannot have their full anti-inflammatory impact in the presence of vegetable oils; omega-3 supplements are needed to overcome existing inflammation -- take with saturated fats
    * No trans fats -- all are inflammatory
    * Probiotics and prebiotics -- the bacteria in your gut are vitally important in reducing inflammation; most of the bacteria that initially colonize breastfed babies and are also present in fermented products seem to be helpful; formula quickly converts baby gut bacteria to inflammatory species and should be avoided completely for as long as possible to permit the baby’s immune system to mature (at least 6 months exclusive breastfeeding.)
    * Saturated fats are healthy and reduce the peroxidation of omega-3 fatty acids at sites of local inflammation, e.g. fatty liver. Saturated fats should be the major source of dietary calories.
    * Vegetable antioxidants -- vegetables and fruits, along with coffee and chocolate supply very useful, anti-inflammatory anti-oxidants
    * Sensible daily supplements: 1,000 mg vitamin C; 2,000-5,000 i.u vitamin D3 (to produce serum levels of 60ng/ml); 750 mg glucosamine
    * Associated anti-inflammatory lifestyle components:
    exercise (cardiovascular and muscle building),
    minimizing body fat,
    dental hygiene
    vagal nerve stimulation
    http://coolinginflammation.blogspot....mmatory%20diet
    As we can see, this is your basic Primal Diet with optimal vitamin D3 and other supplements;

This message thread is timely because a woman at our church is now suffering with Lupus..

Best of health to all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 01-06-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE DO ABOUT YOUR DOCTOR ? ? ?

The doctor is going to prescribe powerful drugs to destroy the immune system,
    and a cocktail of other powerful drugs such as:
    * reduce inflammation caused by lupus
    * suppress your overactive immune system
    * prevent flares, and treat them when they occur
    * control symptoms like joint pain and fatigue
    * minimize damage to organs

What about a conflict with these drugs & Vitamin D3 ?
    I already know that doctors don't like Vitamin D3, and will advise against taking 5,000 IU or more with the lame excuse that it is an overdose that will cause kidney stones and hypercalcemia. Damnable doctors will also prescribe the usual High Carb low fat diet.

What kind of doctor does a person suffering with Lupus go to?
    ( to get proper guidance )

See this link for the horrors being done with Lupus Patients:
    http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/weba...245&zoneid=525

Our friend in church is following doctors orders and is not likely to listen to me.

Please advise,
    Grizz

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimk8202 View Post
    another question - supplements that are good are fish oil, glucosamine, but are there any supplements you know that make it worse

i heard to avoid alfalfa - i looked today and it is in some multi vitamins!
    anything else?
    There are ways to determine which immune pathway is overactive (th1/th2 balance) and avoid supplements with stimulate the dominant one while using supplements that stimulate the underactive one.

For example, I have Hashimoto's and I'm th-1 (cell-mediated) dominant, so I can't take echinacea, licorice, astragalus, beta glucan, maitake mushrooms and other immune stimulating herbs that stimulate killer cells.
    I take th-2 stimulators to balance my immune response (things like grape seed, green tea, resveratrol, pine bark, pycnogenol- basically the polyphenol antioxidant group). These would make someone who is th-2 dominant worse, though, as would caffeine.

Some safe supplements for either group are colostrum, Vit. D, fish oil, turmeric and Oxicell transdermal glutathione/SOD cream (which modulates the inflammation and immune system).

Finding out which pathway makes a big difference in autoimmune management, as does optimizing D and cutting gluten. If you email the folks at www.thyroidbook.com they will email you a list of people trained in the immune balancing protocols. Many of them will work with your mom long distance if there's no one near her.

dell is offline Junior Member

Reversing Kidney disease

Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    My father in law has Lupus and RA. I'd love to hear more about what could help him, too. I told him to try a gluten free diet, but I don't think he's stuck to it.
    Greetings SoneAgeQueen,

Just curious to know how your father in law reversed kidney disease? I beleive I have early signs of lupus but have not been diagnosed yet? Any advice on what you know. Also, what is your take on the Zymessence enzyems by Dr. Wiliam Wong. In one of his lectures he stated that Dr Carl Rumbard cured his kidney disease with systemic enzymes. He actually lived another 20 something odds years when he was told that he would die in 2 years due to a condition called glomerulonephrosis/itis. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance,

dell

dell is offline Junior Member
    Wow, this is some awesome information, I plan to start researching now.

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123