Thread: Coconut Milk in the fridge? page

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member

Coconut Milk in the fridge?

If I wanted to use a little bit of Coconut Milk everyday for coffee or other things could I just keep it in a sealed container in the fridge? How many days will it last?

tarek is offline Senior Member
    I buy two to three cans of coconut milk every week.

I use one can at a time and pour it into a mason jar. I've read that it'll last in the fridge for about five days, but, since I love coconut milk quite a bit, I go through a can every three days or so. There are loads of ways to use coconut milk; it goes great in just about anything. Experiment! :]

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    I had some opened (although kept in a sealed container) coconut milk in the fridge that I tried to make a smoothie with about 6 days later- not good. Of course, could have been crappy smoothie making skillz but I try not to let coconut milk sit in the fridge (once opened) for any longer than 3 or 4 days.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    I don't let coconut milk sit in my fridge for more than 2-3 days at a time...it's too delicious.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I would definitely switch it into a glass container.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    I dont think Ive ever had an open container of it for more then 2 days. It is THAT addicting.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Im in the same boat, I have massive bottles for my hot chocolates, but I find it spoils after 2-3 days! so annoying. If you find a way to preserve it for longer pleaaaaaaase let me know! Im dissolving a T of honey in when I make a batch which seems to help a bit (honey is a natural preservative) but I might try adding a dash of salt (not enough to taste) as some coconut products already use sodium preservatives.
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    I don't want to freeze it because I want to put it in hot coffee and don't have a microwave aviailable or anything to heat it up on the spot. If I got the little Thai kitchen cans perhaps I could use 1/2 of one each day but that's my only thought. In the coffee thread some people said they put it in their coffee - how'd ya do it?

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Defrost the night before? Oh btw, I discovered coconut milk powder the other day, which could solve your problem, not entirely natural but its a compromise....
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.