Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Puddymama's Primal Journal page

Puddymama is offline Senior Member

Puddymama's Primal Journal

Primal Fuel
    Alrighty, folks. It's time for me to jump on in and start my own journal! I am committing to update this journal daily for 30 days. I need some accountability and I'm an OCD-control-freak-list-maker, so hopefully I can combine the two into a fabulous journal of Primal goodness.

A little background on me:

As of today, I am 37 years old (how did that happen?). I have struggled with my weight for years - I am 5'5" and the heaviest I've been outside of pregnancy is 183. I think I carry my weight fairly well, but I hate how I feel when I am heavy. I did the whole Weight Watchers shebang and got down to 123 for a fairly brief period of time. I'm not interested in being that thin again because I can't maintain it and I don't think it's a natural fit for me body. I really have no idea what is a natural fit for my body because I've spent so many years fighting it.

I tend to get caught up in numbers and percentages and tracking accomplishments. This can be a real problem for me and I want to change my way of thinking. Miss Batty's response to a post recently had a huge impact on me. She posted two pictures of herself at the same weight - one in which she was not fit and one in which she was. It really blew my mind that her weight was the same but her body was so dramatically different. Shortly thereafter, my hubby talked me out of buying a bodyfat scale by saying "Why do you care what the scale says? All that should matter is that you like how you feel and look." I am going to try my best to remember my goals this time - To become as healthy and strong as I possibly can.

I have really embraced some aspects of the Primal lifestyle. I am moving slowly a lot and have fallen in love with lifting heavy things. I'm trying to figure out how to sprint with iffy knees, but I will come up with something! Cutting out grains and dairy has been fairly easy for me, but I really need to get a handle on my sweet tooth - I am eating far too much fruit. My goal for the next 30 days is to really stick with the basics - fat, protein and veg. My whole family thrives when we eat this way, and I believe strongly that we need to lead by example for our daughter - we cannot feed ourselves junk if we do not want her to eat it, either.

Lastly, I want to get pregnant again this year. I followed a pretty CW diet in my last pregnancy and was blessed to have had a lovely birth and beautiful, healthy baby girl. If I do get pregnant again, I intend to honor myself and my baby with the most nutritious and healthy Primal diet I can.

That's my long, drawn out introduction! I am really excited about the next month - here's to 30 days of a new life!

Two bits of info I forgot to add:

Current weight: 167
    I'm also breastfeeding, so I need to make sure I keep my milk supply up for Puddy.
    Last edited by Puddymama; 07-05-2010 at 07:27 AM.

Day 1

B: 2 soft boiled eggs, polish sausage with fried onions, sauerkraut, decaf green tea
    S: Decaf coffee w/coconut milk
    L: 1.5 turkey burger with relish and sauerkraut, 1/2 avocado
    S: Passion fruit iced tea
    D: 1.5 turkey burger with relish, cooked salad, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 kombucha
    S: 2 semi-primal "reeses" - used PB instead of almond butter

Took Puddy on an hour and half walk today - she slept and mama got some sun.
    Last edited by Puddymama; 07-05-2010 at 06:41 PM.

B: 3 strips bacon, 2 eggs fried in bacon grease, 1/2 avocado, decaf green tea
    S: Passion fruit iced tea
    L: 2 hot dogs, sauerkraut, mustard, relish
    D: Big old steak with fried onions, cooked salad, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 kombucha
    S: 2 primal reeses

Lunges, squats, leg press, ab work

Got our first share of organic co-op produce today! Yipee! Also, was finally able to make a bone broth that gelled. Using it right now to make a huge old pot of stew.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    From one OCD-control-freak-list-maker to another...

Welcome to the tribe!

Day 3

B: Leftover steak, leftover cooked salad, 2 eggs fried in butter, decaf green tea
    L: 2 hotdogs, sauerkraut, relish and mustard
    D: 2 bowls of beef stew (beef, carrots, celery, onions, potatoes) made with beef broth (delicious!), kombucha
    S: 2 primal reeses - after this batch is done, I'm gonna lay off of them for a while

Spent 2 hours with Pud in the pool today - we both got burned. I feel so guilty seeing her red little shoulders. Bad, bad mama

Push-ups, dips, abs
    Last edited by Puddymama; 07-07-2010 at 06:08 PM.

B: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 turkey burger, 1/2 avocado, cooked salad, decaf green tea
    L: Salmon, cooked salad
    D: 2 bowls of beef stew (even better on the 2nd day!), 1/2 kombucha
    S: 2 primal reeses

Sprints, back and shoulders. I love the sprints - they make me feel awesome. We will see what the knees think tomorrow
    Last edited by Puddymama; 07-08-2010 at 04:27 PM.

B: 2 fried eggs, polish sausage and onions, arugula
    L: 2 turkey and avocado rolls, small bowl of stew, small peach
    S: Decaf coffee w/coconut milk, handful of shredded coconut
    D: Massive pork chop, cooked salad, kombucha
    S: Last primal reeses

50 minute walk with Pud this morning.

Today was a hard day. Puddy, in all of her wisdom, has decided her 17 month old self no longer needs to nap. It took me 3.5 hours before I gave up and put her in the car. She was asleep in 60 seconds. This means that I have had no time without a whining baby today and I didn't get a nap, either! I wanted to ram as many Laura Bars as possible into my mouth, but I resisted. I think we were both tired and crabby and it made for a stressful, stressful day. I was STARVING at dinner tonight, so everything was exasperated by the hunger monster. Sleep, Pudzilla, sleep!
    Last edited by Puddymama; 07-09-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Your eats sound absolutely delicious!

I hope tomorrow is a calmer day, and that you get plenty of rest tonight.

Thanks, Miss Diana. This whole "have a baby, become a stay at home mom" thing is still throwing me for a loop! Someday, I will become a zen mama. It just wasn't today

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When my oldest was 18 months old he also decided he no longer needed naps (had always been hard to put to sleep), just as I was also dealing with his new 2 month old brother. Many days I though I'd go insane with fatigue, and tears were not uncommon. At least the younger one slept. At any rate, it does eventually get better...mine are now 15 and nearly 14, and we all survived. Funny that the older one who gave up the naps early functions well on not a lot of sleep, though now as a teen, on non school days he needs to be hauled out of bed at the crack of noon (of course after staying up half the night...).

And hats off to you for doing the stay at home mom thing. Wasn't for me, I was very ready to return to work after 6 months, both times. I wholeheartedly respect those who embrace the role and hard work that goes into it. Zen is hard to find every day, and there's always tomorrow to look forward to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast