Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help tweaking my diet... page 3

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Heck, even when I sprouted my quinoa it came out undigested.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I know, it has to be fermented over a long period. We-are-not-birds!

Chirp?
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

confused_monkey is offline Senior Member
    Ditto on quinoa....it never digested properly. Wow, I must tell you guys I feel tons but I mean tons better today. I eliminated every grain, fruit, nut and all dairy, and have just consumed 4 whole eggs with spinach, onions, and garlic, topped off with a whole can of coconut milk. For lunch I had 2 whole cans of tuna mixed with half an avocado, 1 tbsp of coconut oil, cayenne pepper, and sea salt, with a big plate of broccoli and baby carrots. I felt a bit gassy after this meal, but energy levels are amazing. I just finished off my third meal consisting of three chicken thighs, with mushrooms, onions and red bell peppers, sauteed in olive oil, and wow I haven't felt this clear and energetic in a while. Only worries is how I will hold up after soccer practice, which I'm off to in a couple minutes.

confused_monkey is offline Senior Member
    Is 85 grams of saturated fat way to much? I just put in my numbers to Cron-O-meter and I thought they seemed a bit high. I know saturated fat is good but is there a limit. Also my daily carb intake was 121 grams and I was able to perform fine. I think I could get use to this low carb lifestyle.

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by confused_monkey View Post
    Ditto on quinoa....it never digested properly. Wow, I must tell you guys I feel tons but I mean tons better today. I eliminated every grain, fruit, nut and all dairy, and have just consumed 4 whole eggs with spinach, onions, and garlic, topped off with a whole can of coconut milk. For lunch I had 2 whole cans of tuna mixed with half an avocado, 1 tbsp of coconut oil, cayenne pepper, and sea salt, with a big plate of broccoli and baby carrots. I felt a bit gassy after this meal, but energy levels are amazing. I just finished off my third meal consisting of three chicken thighs, with mushrooms, onions and red bell peppers, sauteed in olive oil, and wow I haven't felt this clear and energetic in a while. Only worries is how I will hold up after soccer practice, which I'm off to in a couple minutes.
    Awesome! I'd say you're on a roll. Something to consider: I get gassy if I eat too many veggies at one meal. Not every body will react this way of course, but I seem to feel better when I eat fewer veggies. Your second meal, with a big plate of broccoli, would make me gassy and bloated.

Congratulations on your progress! Oh, and I don't know if 85g sat fat is "too much", but 85g fat is definitely not too much. I generally eat around 100g of fat per day. I don't know how much of that is saturated, though...hm, according to FitDay a little less than half my fat is sat fat. So, around 40g per day.

P.S. Let us know how you feel after soccer practice!

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

muaythaimike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    Even quinoa has to be fully fermented to make it edible. Back in my retard hippie food days I thought I was being oh so prudent soaking and sprouting my quinoa. Bahaha.
    LOL stabby you crack me up!!!
    "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by confused_monkey View Post
    Is 85 grams of saturated fat way to much? I just put in my numbers to Cron-O-meter and I thought they seemed a bit high. I know saturated fat is good but is there a limit. Also my daily carb intake was 121 grams and I was able to perform fine. I think I could get use to this low carb lifestyle.
    My average SF's intake is 120 grams... mostly from coconut. I think it's fine.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

skookum is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    One word: fish oil.

Ok. that's two words... but I think it might help your skin.

My skin has really healed up with daily fish oil supplements, and 3-5 meals of fish a week. I have been going for sardines over tuna because they are much younger when caught, and haven't accumulated all the toxins higher-on-the food-chain tuna have when they're caught. I often take tins of sardines on hikes for really good mid-day energy.

I also agree with an earlier poster on this thread that suspects the mercury issue to be a hoax. It feels like a marketing scam to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123