Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help tweaking my diet... page 2

confused_monkey is offline Senior Member
    @chia...According to my naturopath my stool sample didn't show a yeast overgrowth but I do I have an IgG reaction to yeast. I am currently taking an orthobiotic prescribed by my naturopath to help repopulate my system with the missing beneficial bacteria and I am taking Biocidin to fight the overgrowth of Bacillus.

I have researched Candida extensively, and would love to go on an anti-candida diet, the problem is I am top level athlete, and spend almost half the day exercising, on top of that I need to gain at least 10 pounds of muscle to raise my game to the next level. From my understanding Candida diets only allow meats and veggies, and discourage the consumption of nuts, fruits, etc. Coconut is allowed though. Is there a limit to how much coconut products I could eat? Could I use coconut similar to the way people use milk in GOMAD, getting in at least 2500 calories from coconut products, plus the added meats, and veggies? Or is that counter productive to my goals, seeing as how coconut is used by many to lose weight?

Thanks.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I heard coconut was good for these things (bacteria, viruses). You should experiment with it and eat as much as you want. Sure coconut helps lose weight, but I don't think it's gonna make you lose muscle. If anything, it will prevent you from gaining fat as you gain the muscle.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

chia is offline Senior Member
    just a thought.. but coconut oil is a medium chain fatty acid so it goes directly to your liver and gets burned like a carb...I would eat a few spoonfuls of this before and after workouts too... AND, eat a few avacados per day.. Yes, a fruit, but little if any sugar..... high, good fats....

Quote Originally Posted by chia View Post
    just a thought.. but coconut oil is a medium chain fatty acid so it goes directly to your liver and gets burned like a carb...I would eat a few spoonfuls of this before and after workouts too... AND, eat a few avacados per day.. Yes, a fruit, but little if any sugar..... high, good fats....
    MCT turn into ketones. It has nothing to do with carbs.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by confused_monkey View Post
    Meal 2:
    1 cup greek yogurt
    2 tbsps peanut butter
    1 cup buckwheat (cooked)
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    How can you even call that a meal? I suggest eating cohesive food that actually tastes good.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    How can you even call that a meal? I suggest eating cohesive food that actually tastes good.
    Oh trust me, I don't really consider it a meal either. Just a quick snack to meet my caloric needs. I know it's not completely paleo but I'm working on it.

Anyways today I haven't touched a single fruit or grain, and my mood and anxiety issues are much improved, but I seem to have trouble digesting meals with a high protein/fat content. I get these really nasty rotten smelling farts, they are very deadly and toxic. Could be because of my disbyosis.

Quick question, can I eat canned seafood such as salmon canned and fresh and tuna everyday. Sometimes when I am in a rush I find it easy to just grab a can of tuna. Or is there a problem with mercury poisoning?

invino77 is offline Senior Member
    You are eating quite frequtnly. Maybe your digestive system is in overdrive and going crazy due to the almost constant need to be working. Could you try going to 3 meals a day - bigger meals of course. i say lose the quinoa and buckwheat. use sweet potatoes. no more peanuts! get teh light canned tuna. it is not nearly as bad as eating swordfish, for example.

I think you're on to something here...last week I only ate three meals a day and my digestive system felt very relaxed. Only problem is I need about 3000 daily calories, which would make that 1000 calories per meal. I would sweat and feel shortness of breath after consuming such large meals, but it was satisfying. Still though, shortness of breath is some scary stuff especially if you have anxiety issues.
    Last edited by confused_monkey; 07-05-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Really? 1000-2000 calorie meals are not a problem here. Try it for a while. Maybe just not before training...

However, after eating a shitload of coconut last night, I did feel short in breath. Not pleasant!

Fish is fine, and I even suspect that mercury is a big scam. I would eat it everyday and see how I feel.

I think quinoa might be too much for your digestive system to handle. I mean, half of the stuff usually comes out undigested for me...

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Even quinoa has to be fully fermented to make it edible. Back in my retard hippie food days I thought I was being oh so prudent soaking and sprouting my quinoa. Bahaha.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast