Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Sassafrass88) page 3

For the Bacon, I just heat them between two paper towels (for thicker bacon, I suggest a double layer on the bottom) on High heat for about 1 minute per slice (I like crispy bacon).

It's not as good as a pan/ griddle batch of bacon, but it does the trick!

Today, Friday Aug 21st:

Workout: Hike up 1 mile and down 1 mile.

B: Bacon w/ sauteed zucchini & onions (I love my husband. He made this for JUST me while I was showering and I ate it on the drive into work). Had a small cup of coffee with naughty crap creamer (I need to bring some coconut cream into the office and keep it in my mini-fridge, along with some Erythritol, since I hate this Stevia crap.)

L: Plan is to IF and walk a bit around the office building. (I got hit on while walking around the building yesterday. I need to get my wedding ring sized and start wearing it more often!).

D: Most likely steak and veggies and/ or the sausage and veggies hubby made for me for my 'lunch' today.

Tomorrow is the Seattle BBQ!

I need to go to the store for some provisions for: Primal Jambalaya (using octopus and several other 'different' seafood meat), Bacon Jalapeno Poppers (this time I will cut the poppers in half, as they were too big with one whole pepper), and for dessert, Blackberry muffins!

Have a great weekend y'all! :-)

Katt is offline Senior Member

Oooh, nut flour to make muffins. I'm going to have to try that sometime.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

How was the BBQ?

Wendy1 Guest

Sassa, it was nice to meet you and your family at the BBQ yesterday! Your older son was so cute telling me about how he and your husband made the awesome jalepeno poppers

Hope your day today was great! We went up to Everett for Boeing family day and then had lunch at a place on the water in Edmonds in the sun -- a fun day.

What are the local beef sources you're checking out? We have been buying from a grass-fed place in the Covington area that brings beef to the Maple Valley market, but it's kinda pricey. Now we're thinking about getting part of a cow maybe, but storage may be a problem.

Thanks again for all the delicious food! Loved everything you brought!

-Wendy

DCKMB - The BBQ was awesome! I met Wendy1 and Sofiawahaj and they are as beautiful outside as they appear on the forum! :-D

Hi Wendy! I saw that you had a great day in Everett. I take it that either you or your hubby work for Boeing? It was such a beautiful weekend, weather-wise.

We found some local beef resources (here: http://www.eatwild.com/products/washington.html), but Saturday night, I was talking with a friend (she's also on my Facebook) and turns out, not only does she raise cattle out here in Enumclaw, but they are grass-finished!!! She said she could TOTALLY hook us up with a cow! We are watching our budget, so a whole cow might be a problem, but I think we could handle a half cow or even just a quarter cow.

Either way, I bet you, Sofi, myself and possibly anyone else nearby, could split a cow into quarters and save money on the butcher's fees. As for the storage, I've heard of people finding a freezer on Craigslist rather inexpensively, so you may be able to look into that. (I need to clean my currently-unused freezer out. It smells like fish).

Hubby and I were stoked. It's funny how as your life progresses and you become older (and hopefully wiser) you start to get excited about the most unusual things. If you told me when I was 20 that I'd be all excited about buying a 'grass-fed' cow as if it were the newest pair 'Jimmy Choo' shoes, I'd have NOT believed you! Ha ha ha!

Anyway, time to get on with my work day. No more slacking! I have vacation from Thursday until Wednesday!!!! Yay!

Activities for the day: Currently none, but will IF for lunch and do weights at the office gym.

B: Small sugar-free Hazelnut Breve (Yeah, I'm not a fan of 'sugar-free' junk, but it was a treat since I only had 5 hrs of sleep last night after sleeping on my friend's couch in Maple Valley last night. It was a Birthday slumber party).

L: IF, weights in the gym.

D: Steak and veggies.

Time to do some heavy Ketosis, with IF this week. If I am going to be wearing my bikini at the lake this weekend, I best lower the cellulite to surface-skin ratio!!! ;-)

SeanBissell is offline Junior Member

Hey hey Mrs. SassaFrass,

Both Lindsey and myself enjoyed meeting you and your family on Saturday!

It was fun to meet up with everyone, and one of the only times I've ever met up with people *online* before real life.

But we should do it again sometime.

Happy Monday!

-Sean

Wendy1 Guest

Cool I will check out the link. Has your friend quoted you prices for quarter/half/whole cow? With the Covington place, it gets cheaper the more you buy. Their prices are $5.37 per lb. for a quarter cow; $5.07 per lb for a half cow and $4.77 for a whole cow. Then if we had them do the kill; cut; wrap, it's an additional charge of $75 flat plus .81 cents per pound.

Kevin's dad has a freezer he might give us, BUT we would have to make room for it in the garage... a whole other subject!!

re hawaii, yeah, we are lucky! it is one of the perks of having kevin travel so much. He is actually traveling less now b/c boeing has cut back on travel, but had some hotel and air miles banked.

Have you ever been to the PEAK gymnastics place in Enumclaw with your younger son? They have open play time there several days per week from like 10 or 11 to 1 p.m. -- balance beams, things to climb on, giant trampoline, hanging ropes, etc. Sofi and I have been together before, and it would be fun if we all met there sometime if your work schedule allowed! We could chat while the kiddos play.

Hope your work day goes quickly!!

Hi Sean! Glad to put the face to the online name! ;-) Glad to have met you and Lindsey as well. This was also my first time actually meeting up with an internet friend. The web sure does make the world so much smaller, I think.

Wendy, I still have to check on the price. She did say she could get us a good deal.

We wanted to do the 'PEAK' gymnastics with the 3 yr old sometime, but, again, I'm always at work. I do have Monday - Wednesday off next week, so while the older one goes back to school, I might be available if you and Sofi are also available?

I hope my day goes quickly as well! I'm looking forward to lifting some weights in the gym today. So funny, people are commenting to me lately about how 'disciplined' I am, but I don't feel like that anymore. It's no longer a 'challenge' in motivation, but rather a 'treat' to workout. Whether it's swimming, hiking, lifting weights...I just enjoy it immensely! Maybe I brainwashed myself! ;-)

TTFN!

sofiawahaj Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hey there Ingrid! I hope I spelled your name right. Can I add you on FB? Or you can add me, just search for "Sofia Wahaj"! It was great to meet you and your family at the BBQ! So nice to have other primals nearby! And I would love to split a cow with you and Wendy. I just gotta figure out storage though. We just bought (like a few month ago) a little freezer for the garage, but it's little. I think we might need to invest in a chest freezer. Let me know if you find out the prices on your friend's cow! And if this is really going to happen, then I will get serious and talk to Dave about securing a freezer!

Wendy and Sassa: How about Monday for a trip to Enumclaw? That's the only day I have available since my Dad and step-mom are flying in late Mon night. I am excited to spend time with them but I don't look forward to their impact on my kids' diets.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast