Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Sassafrass88) page 2

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

That's awesome that you're so close to your goal! And definitely good idea about being competitive with your husband.

So sad I won't be in Washington to be with all the primals there... but hopefully there are some near where I'm going to live (45 minutes south of Fresno, CA).

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Way to go Sassy! You'll reach your goal in no time and you'll have TOTALLY earned it. I like the idea of competing with your husband too. That's some mega motivation.

Emily, you're moving to CA? Fresno's awesome! We want to move down there, but no money to fund the move and no jobs lined up!

So, I have my Primal Challenge Contest list:

1. Creat Workout Video (I have some funny and different ideas!).

2. Recipe Video: Hubby will need to help with this.

3. Show your Groceries.

4. Primal Post-Its. Going to store soon, this should be fun!

5. Show your fridge.

Today:

Activity: Swimming (last night, did sprints on bike with toddler in-tow).

B: 4 Bacon slices and 4 eggs.

L: Pot Roast &/ or Pork Chop

D: Either hamburger-something-or-another w/ veggies or steak or chicken (depends on which is thawed out the most).

Good amounts of water and supplements like enriched greens and fish oil.

I have 2 semi-converts and another, whom I challenged to just 'try' it for a week. That one, however, just wants to tease me about my choices and then still complain that "I think I'm dying because I'm turning 40 and feel like crap", instead of just TRYING this for 1 week. :-( Hmmmmff.... I've got BETTER things to do that waste my time with you buddy!

Anywhoozle. Things are great. Grok and grokettes we are!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Aww you should totally move to Fresno! We could be primal buddies in Real Life. :-D

Get on careerbuilder or something! haha.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Going strong!

Last night did end up to be ground hamburger with zucchini, onions and broccoli (did I mention that my husband rocks at Primal Cooking now?!).

Activity: Weights - Deadlifts, military presses, standing shoulder presses, walking lunges, barbell curls, abs.

B: Coffee w/ creamer (the bad kind), 2 eggs & 5 pieces of bacon. Handful of juicy green grapes. OK, I guess I'll be honest, 2 Hershey's Kisses. I'm a bad girl!

L: Left-overs from dinner (ground hamburger and veggies).

D: Steak or chicken and veggies cooked in Coconut Oil.

I do have a peach that is just about ripe in my fridge and should be eaten soon.

Didn't put anything into FitDay, but from the looks of things as of now (not yet noon), I am over my 50g Ketosis daily-target! Tomorrow will be a BBQ with beer, so I'm sure that won't be a good one either ;-)

I'm not sweating it. The more money were are able to budget to finally getting out of this financial hole that we are in and put towards real, grass-fed beef and the like, the better, but for now, we are managing to be about 70 - 80% Primal. For me, that means trying to be about 90% Primal during the weekdays and then 80/20 on the weekends.

Good news! I broke the 160 lbs mark! Yup, I am now 158.25 lbs, as of this morning!!!! Hooray for me!

Note to self: Be more Primal on the Weekends EVEN IF you are doing well during the week! This is a lifestyle, not a diet!

OK, yelling session with myself over.

It's noon and my Coconut Latte protein shake has worn off and I'm hungry.

Problem is, I had ZERO time to get food this weekend, so I am out of eggs and the like. I have tons of meat, but how's one supposed to eat a 2 lb frozen steak with only a microwave in the office lunchroom eh? ;-)

There's a lovely WinCo just down the street, maybe I'll just pop in there and check out what I can find.

I do have a mini fridge under my desk, so I should just by 'desk groceries' instead of constantly toting stuff between my kitchen and the office every day.

So far, my favorite 'in a pinch micro-meal' is eggs and bacon. Add an avacodo and / or a green salad and you have a fast and easy Primal office meal!

OK, time to head to the store!

Went shopping and found some Pork Rinds! Those are great. I figure I could totally bring those along to the movies to replace popcorn. I suggested this to my hubby since he's more strict in being Primal than me (little bastard! ;-) and his one vice is popcorn at the movies.

I also got some almonds, more coconut flakes, bacon, eggs, salad greens & sausage, etc.

One thing to note about Primal eating, is there are noticeably inexpensive staples, like Almond Meal, it's suprisingly very inexpensive! Also, Coconut flakes, Pork Rinds & eggs.

I still have to work on the budget, but we are coming round and have some great local resources for grass-fed beef. Soon, soon, soon, I'll be eating quality meat and veggies like the 'rich' folk! ;-)

Breakfast: microwaved 5 pieces of bacon, 3 eggs with pat of butter, Blackberry muffin, coffee w/ two creamers (icky!) and a packet of sugar.

Lunch: IF, Workout: weights

Dinner: Pot Roast w/ veggies.

Hopefully I can swim tomorrow!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

When you microwave bacon, how do you do it?

OMG, a blackberry muffin sounds so good. Do you have the recipe?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Basic Sweet Breakfast Muffins

(obtained from Elana's Pantry)

3 eggs

2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted

3 tablespoons honey (I used some Grade B Maple Syrup)

2 tablespoons coconut milk (used homemade)

1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

1/3 cup packed coconut flour

1/3 cup packed almond flour

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1. Blend together eggs, oil, coconut milk, honey/ liquid sweetener, salt, and flavors.

2. Combine flours and baking soda to coat the fruit well. Mix into batter until there are no lumps. Pour batter into sprayed small size muffin cups.

3. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes (20 min for regular sized muffins), or just until tests clean with toothpick.

Pecan Muffins

Add cup of chopped pecans and ? teaspoon almond extract.

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

Omit the vanilla and add 2 teaspoons of lemon extract. Sprinkle poppy seeds on top of muffins just before baking.

Berry Muffins

Add cup of fresh berries and ? teaspoon almond extract. Berries should be very dry. Baking time will increase slightly. (Blackberries make this a big messy, moist muffin and it's JUST the way I like it!!! ;-)

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast