Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: I got offered a Fire Fighter position page

  1. #1
    SpitFire's Avatar
    SpitFire is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    255

    Exclamation I got offered a Fire Fighter position

    Primal Fuel
    You guys!

    I took my physical agility test this week and was offered the position yesterday. I accepted! OHMYGOD!

    So, a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you that gave me advice and helped me along the way with my lifting. I won't start for a little while, which is actually good since we're closing on a house soon and it needs a little TLC before we move in.

    The road ahead of me is still going to be a long one. There are many challenges I still need to get through over the next 6-7 months, but I will put 100% into it.

    This is huge. It still hasn't really sunk in.

  2. #2
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,130
    Congratulations!!!!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

  3. #3
    Grokdaddy's Avatar
    Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    155
    Congrats. I am a cop so I know the feeling. Good luck.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

    I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

    I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

  4. #4
    Knifegill's Avatar
    Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,696


    Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

    My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

  5. #5
    edennperez1's Avatar
    edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,075
    OH MY GOD!!! AWESOME!! I'm so proud of you! It's so wonderful to see hard work pay off. CONGRATULATIONS, BEAST!! 👏👏👏👍👍👍💪💪💪💪💪👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍👊👊👊👊


    Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

  6. #6
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,769
    Quote Originally Posted by SpitFire View Post
    You guys!

    I took my physical agility test this week and was offered the position yesterday. I accepted! OHMYGOD!

    So, a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you that gave me advice and helped me along the way with my lifting. I won't start for a little while, which is actually good since we're closing on a house soon and it needs a little TLC before we move in.

    The road ahead of me is still going to be a long one. There are many challenges I still need to get through over the next 6-7 months, but I will put 100% into it.

    This is huge. It still hasn't really sunk in.
    You're welcome. And you're right, we clearly deserve most of the credit.
    The Champagne of Beards

  7. #7
    kathleen's Avatar
    kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Bend, WA
    Posts
    656
    Congrats! You must be really strong!
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

    Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

    26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

  8. #8
    SpitFire's Avatar
    SpitFire is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Congratulations!!!!
    Thank you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokdaddy View Post
    Congrats. I am a cop so I know the feeling. Good luck.
    Thanks!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by edennperez1 View Post
    OH MY GOD!!! AWESOME!! I'm so proud of you! It's so wonderful to see hard work pay off. CONGRATULATIONS, BEAST!! �������������������������������������������� ��

    Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Thank you, thank you!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You're welcome. And you're right, we clearly deserve most of the credit.
    Lol, y'all kinda do, to an extent. I couldn't have put together a workout regimen without some guidance

    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    Congrats! You must be really strong!
    Thank you! Heh, there comes a point when it's all mental strength rather than physical strength. A strong mind can carry a weak body.

  9. #9
    Jefferson1775's Avatar
    Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    I was waiting for a post like this. Congratulations and good luck!
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

    This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

  10. #10
    CO_Mom's Avatar
    CO_Mom is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    54
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations!
    Not all changes lead to progress. But progress is impossible without changes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •