Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 egg yolks...now what page 2

Pamela M is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sallyjackman View Post
    Add 3 grated potato,some flour and black pepper, heat a pan with oil and shallow fry 'em with the shape of pancake..here is your delicious and healthy pancake..
    Sounds like a good plan...for next time. We're presently enjoying a delicious coconut custard with strawberries.

Mayo I have plenty of.

Frying up 6 egg yolks and eating all at once seems a bit much to me. I have eggs in the morning, in the afternoon, and sometimes even at dinner. I wanted something else to treat the tastebuds.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sallyjackman View Post
    Add 3 grated potato,some flour and black pepper, heat a pan with oil and shallow fry 'em with the shape of pancake..here is your delicious and healthy pancake..
    Flour?
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snitzer View Post
    Drink Em' !!
    Yup....actually I do this and toss the whites pretty often.

I use 2 yolks on my salad with vinegar and oil as well.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamela M View Post
    Sounds like a good plan...for next time. We're presently enjoying a delicious coconut custard with strawberries.

Mayo I have plenty of.

Frying up 6 egg yolks and eating all at once seems a bit much to me. I have eggs in the morning, in the afternoon, and sometimes even at dinner. I wanted something else to treat the tastebuds.
    Care to share your recipe? My issues with eggs appear to be related to the whites only, I HOPE! May get gutsy and try some custard. Those yolks are such nutritional powerhouses, I'd like to be able to reap the benefits once in a while, dammit.

Glad you found a good use for them - a good custard can't be beat!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yup....actually I do this and toss the whites pretty often.

I use 2 yolks on my salad with vinegar and oil as well.
    Does your salad end up a goopy, soggy mess? Like an accidentally wilted spinach salad?

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by GoJenGo View Post
    Care to share your recipe? My issues with eggs appear to be related to the whites only, I HOPE! May get gutsy and try some custard. Those yolks are such nutritional powerhouses, I'd like to be able to reap the benefits once in a while, dammit.

Glad you found a good use for them - a good custard can't be beat!
    Sure thing Jen. Here's a link to the recipe - Individual Coconut Custard *Pies* ~ Faithfulness Farm

I used erythritol for the sweetener. I have no issues with it, but if you do, I'm sure you could sub it with something else. It's delicious btw. We only eat dessert once a week, and I'm always looking for something new, and this really passed muster.

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Flour?
    Coconut flour perhaps. I make great zucchini fritters with ground flax and coconut flour as a binder---works perfectly.

Thank you, Pamela! I'll be subbing FF coconut milk for the heavy cream and doing the crustless thing. I don't get along with anything ending in "ol", so will sweeten with either stevia or even a little bit of coconut sugar. I'm thinking it may not need much sweet at all to be pretty sinful-tasting.

Did you have any issues making it the way suggested? (if you used the double-boiler method)

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Thank you, Pamela! I'll be subbing FF coconut milk for the heavy cream and doing the crustless thing. I don't get along with anything ending in "ol", so will sweeten with either stevia or even a little bit of coconut sugar. I'm thinking it may not need much sweet at all to be pretty sinful-tasting.

Did you have any issues making it the way suggested? (if you used the double-boiler method)
    You might want to rethink the erythritol ... Chris Kresser covers it pretty well, and even Mark doesn't really have an issue with it. However, if you have digestive issues, it is a FODMAP and might cause problems, although erythritol is the most tolerated of all the polyols. I find stevia leaves a bitter aftertaste when used on its own, but it's all personal taste of course.
    The coconut milk sounds like a great idea--something for next time.

I made it as stated, but I don't have a double boiler, so I took a large pot, with about an inch or so of boiling water, and placed the custard in a large glass measuring cup with handle and propped it inside the pot. It worked perfectly. The thing is to prevent the eggs from cooking, or you'll end up with sweet scrambled eggs.

Please let me know how it turns out with the coconut milk.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Does your salad end up a goopy, soggy mess? Like an accidentally wilted spinach salad?
    Nah....but you got to understand that my "salad" has everything but the kitchen sink in it. 5 kinds of lettuce (from my garden), several other veggies (bout half from the garden), goat cheese, raspberries, nuts and seeds and about 10+ oz of meat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast