Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrenal fatigue recovery, a PB journey page

needtogetwell is offline Senior Member

Adrenal fatigue recovery, a PB journey

Shop Now
    Been following the PB lifestyle for about 3 weeks. Doing quite well.

I outlined my adrenal fatigue crash in my post in the meet and greet section.

Now that I'm going to write down my journey to recovery I will count yesterday as day 1.

Starting weight: 174 lbs

Day1.

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 4 Oz dark turkey (left over from big roast bird made on Sunday) 1/2 avocado, 4 prunes ( big calories but need the fiber as I haven't been able to hit the sweet spot with enough veggis, if you get what I mean) I will figure that out eventually.

Lunch: big *ss salad with spinach, orange peppers, 1/2 avocado, turkey, celery. Balsamic vinegar and a splash of evoo.

Dinner: asparagus and rapini sautéed in lots of butter and fresh garlic (yum). 10 jumbo shrimp cooked in residual butter/garlic in pan. 1c. Mixed strawberries and blueberries with splash of organic heavy cream.

Didn't snack during the day, first time since I started this, just simply wasn't hungry.

Play: 2 15 minute sessions with the pooches. Throwing ball and playing tug of war.

1/2 hour of weeding vegetable garden. This may seem odd for play but I find the work pleasurable and the bending and stretching is good for me.

Exercise: can't really do too much right at the moment without complete and utter exhaustion. So this segment will get Breyer as my energy levels improve.

One thing I know for sure is that sugar and grains in any form are poison to me and I so thankful to have found PB and MDA.

Recovery takes time and feeding the body real food.

Day 2-

Kind of a crummy day, overcast and some more severe thunderstorms in the afternoon. Wild weather happening around here lately, F2 tornado 15 minutes from me last week, another tornado yesterday about 20 miles away. Really unusual for June in my neck of the woods.

Give me 2feet of snow over a tornado any time.

Pleased with eating for the day. Still on track.

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, leftover turkey, 6 cherries, 4 prunes.

Lunch: kale/pineapple smoothie, ground beef patty, fried egg. (Yup I'm loving my eggs right now).

Dinner: Italian sausage in homemade tomato sauce. (DH had the pasta), 1 cup mixed strawberries and blueberries .

Snack: 2 squares 85% dark chocolate.

I so love being able to have my chocolate fix. Only have it a couple of times a week, but it's such a blessing.

Hopefully the sun will come out tomorrow, really missed play time with the doggy today!

Recovery takes time and feeding the body real food.

AutumnTiger is offline Senior Member
    Hey there, thanks for stopping by my journal. I would love it if it does inspire people to get on board with FB and I try to be honest so that anyone reading can see that it doesn't matter how many times you may fall over or get side-tracked but the important thing is to get back up when you're ready and carry on. That said, I would like to get to goal and not still be dusting myself off three years from now! I'm cool with the fact that the journey will take as long as it needs to but I don't want to be the one sabotaging myself. Hence my finally getting into doing the Whole 30. I thought about that for six months before I finally decided it was what I needed. And now I am so glad that I did it because it has highlighted that I was stalling on my progress by thinking I had PB down but actually there were a lot of compromises creeping in.

I read your intro post, too. Really glad you've found the info you need to begin your recovery towards health and vitality. My hat is off to you for doing so well for so long. I really hope this works for you and that after you get through the switch to fat burning that you will feel your energy levels pick up

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Hang in there!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Thank you Hedonist. I'm just glad to be here.

.....living the Grock life rocks!

Day 3 & 4

Yesterday was a good day! Yipppeee!!! Got up this morning with little or no problem, a nice change. My energy levels are starting to stabilize some what.

This afternoon hasn't been quite so great. Had a snooze and when I got up I felt bloated and out of sorts. Ate dinner, roasted mushrooms and a ground beef patty. It's sitting like lead in my belly, or so it feels like.

A good soak in the tub with Epsom salts has me feeling a little better but I will be happy when this bloated feeling subsides. The only thing I did differently today was I had left over cauliflower for both breakfast and lunch. Maybe I can't tolerate that much cauliflower. Protien sources for breakfast was 2 eggs and lunch was some smoked salmon (lox).

If anyone has any ideas I would certainly welcome the insights.

Thanks all!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi there NTGW and welcome to the forum. Cheers on the start of your primal journey, you are already doing well.

I laughed a little about the cauliflower, that happened to me once, too If a little cauli is good then more must be better, right? Anyway, I would take this experience as a positive sign that you are already becoming more in touch with your body - what works and what doesn't.

It's certainly time you took good care of you, so isn't it marvellous that primal food also is so delicious? You can eat well, feel better and manage your responsibilities with strength. I hope you are having a great day, and wish you all the best.

AutumnTiger is offline Senior Member
    Hey Pam,

Um, yeh, cauli has that effect on me too. I tried re-introducing it recently but still no change on what it does to my system. Shame, because I would like to try the cauliflower 'rice' that everyone goes on about, especially for jambalaya, but I'll wait a while before trying again.

Hope you continue to feel better and better

Hi Annieh,

Thank you so much for the welcome. I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues around cauliflower. Gonna back off it for a few days and see that happens.

It is so true that you start to get in time with your body. I'm just beginning to learn and will likely find a few more things which don't work so well.

Hey AT,

Jambalaya, yum! Gonna have to work that one into the meal rotation. At the moment I am really just focusing on getting the right stuff on my plate. I'll get fancy somewhere down the line.

Thanks for your reply, sure is good to know I'm not alone with the cauliflower issue.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast