Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Third Time Around the Block and I'm Planning on Making This Work! page

geostump is offline Senior Member

The Third Time Around the Block and I'm Planning on Making This Work!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    As you can see, I'm back. The time that I've been gone from here has been sort of rough for me. Personally, life is good. Professionally, let's just say that is where a lot of my issues stem from. Depression issues, stress have all lead to weight gain and I am up to a whopping 252 pounds. The heaviest I've been since I weighed 276 back in 2006. I'm up to wearing a size 18 in most of my clothes now and really just hating myself. I feel like I have zero support at home to drop the weight. My husband and my kids tell me all the time that I am not fat and don't need to lose any weight and I know in my head that I have to. I have no energy to do anything. I have no zest for life or anything. I'm trying to force to get off my butt. It's just been rough. I'm drinking alcohol almost daily now. Sleep is horrible at best. I sleep in very late on the weekends now. I'm awake at 5am during the week, but just don't want to get out of bed. I'm hoping that going back to primal will help get me out of my rut and maybe even start working out again.
    Georgette

needtogetwell is offline Senior Member
    Good luck, if this way of eating and lifestyle choices is what you know is good for you then go for it. With or without your family's support right at the moment. They obviously love you no matter what so once they see how happy you are with the changes you are making they won't be able to do anything other than support you!

Cheers!

Recovery takes time and feeding the body real food.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back, Georgette. It's good to see you. I'm looking forward to reading about your journey back to health.

You can do it. You have the knowledge and you have support here.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Hey Geo, welcome back! Hubby and I were getting in the habit of having wine almost every night but we both came to the conclusion that it isn't helping us meet our goals. So we're just going to have it once or twice a week. Not only is it empty calories but it seems to make us want to eat more after dinner and I was noticing that I had less energy in the morning.

I know you know how to walk the primal path but ditching all wheat and cutting back on alcohol might give you the kick start you're wanting.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

My husband won't touch wine at all period. I've been drinking primarily beer and rum. My husband prefers Bud Light(water, IMO) and the rum. I have Stella Artois on hand for myself at the house now and again. I need something I can actually taste. Right now, my goal is to only drink on one weekend night. I don't drink to get drunk, I drink to relax.

I saw this on Tomi's page earlier and am stealing this along with some modifications of my own:

I want to look better at my 20th high school reunion in September of this year.

I want to have complete control over food - not the other way around.

I want to have a healthy gut and not be sick unless I catch a virus.

I want to be healthy and strong.

I want to be able to hike for miles.

I want to be able to walk up the long hill and not be winded and tired.

I want to be a healthy weight from an aesthetic stand point.

I want to be able to stand naked in front of my husband and not feel self-conscious or embarrassed.

I want to be able to wear a swim suit and not feel self-conscious or embarrassed.

I want to be able to buy clothes that will flatter my figure and that I will feel good wearing.

I want to stand in front of the mirror and be able to smile at what I see.
    Georgette

Living in Ohio means one thing in the summer months for me. I sweat like a mofo. Between sweat and humidity, it's a curly haired chick's nightmare. I went out for 10 minutes to put the office deposit in at the bank and I came back with my hair soaked. It's still drying out as I am typing this. This is one reason why I HATE summer. I am really much more of a winter person than a summer person. I prefer the cold to the hot weather. I really think I need to move somewhere with a colder climate. This sweat stuff is for the birds.
    Georgette

needtogetwell is offline Senior Member
    I agree with you and your dislike of heat and humidity. Live in Ontario Canada and have the same issue all summer. Can't wait for October when life outside is much less miserable.

Recovery takes time and feeding the body real food.

This has been a shitty past 24 hours. My oldest daughter lost three friends in a tragic car accident. Two others from the same car are in local hospitals in critical but stable condition. My head and heart are numb right now. I've been a shoulder to cry on for Caitlyn, Her friends and my youngest niece and her friends. I'm exhausted and just want to go home and sleep. Adding to my feeling blahness is that I'm probably going to have to have a boil on my chest removed. I've been on two rounds of antibiotics and it seeped and shrunk, but it's still there. I'm not so sure if I want to have it surgically removed.
    Georgette

AutumnTiger is offline Senior Member
    Hey hun, that's some really tough stuff going on in life. My thoughts are with you and your family - such a tragedy.

Sorry to hear about the boil, too. I have no experience of these things and surgery sounds really extreme, no wonder you are nervous. Have any other options been discussed/offered?

@AT. Thank you. I think my daughter is going through the healing process one day at a time and that's all anyone can do.

I've had this boil for about a month now. I've been on two rounds of antibiotics and prednisone and it's still hanging around. It drained for like 4 days but stopped. I'm actually trying to figure out if living with it is an option for me.
    Georgette

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast