Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Natural Contraception for Men page

Nekurahn is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Natural Contraception for Men

Primal Fuel
    We had a thread on here a while back about women and chemical contraception, so I thought this would be interesting for many of you.

(Natural News) In today's society, much of the burden of birth control involves chemicals, drugs and often falls upon the women. However, it turns out the key to birth control might be better placed on men. And the good news is, you don't have to look any further than hot water and papaya seeds.

It turns out that sperm don't like heat and by bathing, or simply submerging the testes, in 116 degrees water (just below the pain threshold) for forty five minutes each day for 21 days, a male becomes sterile for the next six months. Doing this at 110 degrees reliably produces sterility for the next four months and either way, it can be repeated for continued effectiveness when the allotted time is up. This method dates back to the writings of Hippocrates and derives its effectiveness from the fact that sperm needs to be several degrees cooler than body temperature to be viable; this is why they hang outside the body. Actually, sperm cell death happens at 95 degrees F, while normal cell death happens at 108 degrees F - so this method effectively kills the sperm for a limited but extended period of time.

In addition, papaya seeds have been found to completely remove the sperm from a male monkey's ejaculation. Rats have also been tested with a compound from papaya seeds and found to have "significantly reduced" sperm counts. At higher levels of ingestion, the rats became completely infertile. The rats' researchers then declared the long term, daily use of compounds from papaya seeds to be a safe and effective male contraceptive.

Rabbits have also been studied with extracts from papaya seeds. After three months of daily use, the rabbits were found almost completely infertile. The extract showed no effect on their libido or organs - and the contraceptive effects were completely reversible after 45 days of non-use.

Traditional cultures in Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and Southeast Asia have long eaten papaya seeds as an effective and safe contraceptive. It appears a teaspoon of the seeds per day is what traditional cultures use - and it takes three months of use to be fully effective. Papaya seeds have been studied more frequently on males than females as a form of contraception, but traditional cultures have used papaya seeds for both male and female contraception.

For a simple papaya seed drink:
    Blend 1/2 papaya, 2 or 3 bananas and 20-40 papaya seeds. Add a little stevia for sweetness, if desired. Other fruit can be substituted, as desired.

Some Hawaiian papaya these days is genetically modified, so purchase papaya that wasn't grown in Hawaii or simply buy organic. Papaya seeds are also antibacterial, help with parasitic problems, and are rich in enzymes.
    Discuss!

goingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Seriously!? I would be scared to death to trust this without getting counts tested, etc. That would be one heckuva 'Surprise!' if it didn't work. Although if I could get proof it worked - I would totally be on board to let my hubby take care of the BC.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If I KNEW it worked in my husband, I'd have no issue doubling up the BC or (maybe) letting him take care of it. At the moment, it's too iffy.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Boil my balls? Okay!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Cool! If you guys are game I am too.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Although this is probably a better way to go since I'm not crazy about having the stuff in female birth control in my local water supply.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    This is very interesting. I have a copper coil inserted as my method of contraception, but it's only 96% effective and I'm nervous about getting pregnant. maybe I'll start slipping some papaya seeds into my husband's meals.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

avocado is offline Senior Member
    "The rats' researchers then declared the long term, daily use of compounds from papaya seeds to be a safe and effective male contraceptive."

Hmmmm, "safe" for rats, I guess. And I don't get the impression they really had the data to address "long term" either.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Smoking a whole lot of pot also reduces sperm count. Just sayin'.

Gotta be careful with those swimming rascals: Primal living increases both sex drive and fertility. Next thing you know, the cave is overrun with ankle biters.

Russ is offline Senior Member
    I've heard of the ball-boiling research before, in a college psychology class we watched a video and it was on it, im not sure i can spend 45minutes a day with my balls in boiling water, that seems like a big commitment. Maybe i can make a chair with a cup for my balls and a bunson burner underneath it so i can play video games while my boy's soak.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast