Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast

Thread: Chucks Primal Adventure page 98

chasbuddy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    26 April 2012: Dinner: ground turkey pattie grilled (X2) green beans. Water.

27 April 2012: Bfst: Coffee, fast.
    27 April 2012: Lunch: outta food. gotta go to store now. Ate three flour tortillas with melted cheese and hot sauce. Mi bad? Water.

Dunno about dinner today. Gotta go shopping. Off to gym (at least) to get svelte. Best, Chas
    They used to call me No Neck, but now I have one.

27 April 2012: Surrendered to take away food. Chinese...spicy beef with vegetables. Water

28 April 2012: Bfst: Coffee, fast.
    28 April 2012:Lunch: Fast.
    28 April 2012: Dinner: 39th anniversary, took Mom out to a movie (5 year engagement) and Mexican Food. Way plenty Margaritas too.

29 April 2012: Bfst: Coffee, two fried eggs, bacon.
    29 April 2012: Lunch: Fast. Water.
    29 April 2012: Dinner: 3 beef brats boiled with mustard and onion. White wine.

30 April 2012: Bfst: Coffee.
    30 April 2012: Lunch: Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries. Water.

Dunno about dinner tonight. Wife is gg out to choir practice and most likely will eat on the fly. News after I suspect.

Best, Chas

30 April 2012: Dinner: Subway sandwich. Wife out and no time to prepare something. Water.

1 May 2012: Bfst: Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries. Coffee.

Best, Chas

July 5th 2012
    Im not sure if I am back or not. After almost tow years of posting, I took some time off. I was not losing weight, cheating a lot and drinking wine and booze evenings. I had restarted salt and generally being a bad boy. I needed some tim e to rest, recreate and reset. Whilst away, I began doing more at the YMCA. Instead of just walking for 30 minutes and driving to the "Y" I began mixing in a little gentle jogging. Now, after about three weeks of adding in jogging I am gently jogging around five laps mixed with the 30 minute walk. Later, recently in fact, I began biking to the "Y". This almost killed me. The trip home is mostly into prevailing winds and following a 45-50 minute workout ( I use two machines for 96 reps each), Im not in tip top readiness for a bike trip into the wind. However, I make it each day. Granny gears and all. The time away was used mainly to try to decide if I was willing to quit my wine drinking. I can give up salt just fine but I do like my wine. Problem is it gives me bronchial distress if I drink it and then try to exercise. It may be the sulphates that are used in wine production (bottling?). Anyway I needed to time to ponder all of this whilst doing some travel etc. Sulphates aside, my bod might be yakkin at me again-hello?

So here I am. I pondered this post for a couple of days since I tend to be anal about posting things. There doesnt seem to be a maybe gear in posting for me: its all or nothing. We will see what happens. Best to you all, regardless.

Best, Chas

July 6th 2012

Trying to get back into the swing of things. I ate my way through all the leftover junk food betweek today adn last evening. IM retired on social security so I tend not to waste unspoiled food stuffs. Once that is gone I should be good to go again. Rode up to the post office and mailed my Netflix back on the bike this AM. Then off to YMCA to do do daily abolitions. That all done then back home via bike and a cold bottle of water. The bike ride didnt kill me today. I must be aclimating to it. It was, however, 94 F when I was out biking. Ran/walked for 30 minutes and 98 reps on 2 different machines at a nice heavy resistance (94 lbs/65 lbs). My number one son is off to Field Training for Air Force ROTC in a few days so food purchasing and eating should return to normal. Having a kid home just distorts all of our careful planning. More manana, best, Chas

July 15th 2012

Okay it took a couple of days to sort out how to do this lose weight, eat properly thingy again. Primal eating is good. Salt, booze, cheats are bad. My lack of weight losss I attribute to not paying sufficient attention to detail and loss of focus. Over 18-20 months eating primal I lost weight from 265 to 193. I plateaued so long I seemed to have given up on my goal of 160 lbs. In retrospect, I was eating too much and not working hard enough.

The human body evolved to be very efficient on low calorie intakes. Hunting, gathering didn't supply a consistent diet and made one work hard for what was found. Modern life makes us lazy. Food is cheap and plentiful. Work (real physical work) is sparse. So my change is to amp up the work and eat sparingly and try not to be seduced by the eat almost anything that primal professes. My sense is that the standard human condition as evolution manged our development is bordering on hungry as a natural state. So to me Brutus.

Friday July 13th meals:
    Bfst: two hard boiled eggs. Bike to Ymca and back with my normal walk/jog 30 minutes (1.8 miles) followed by 96 reps on the back strecher machine and 96 reps on the abs machine.
    Lunch: Fast, water.
    Dinner: Standard gym schedule, two homemade tacos. Water

Saturday: Bfst: Fast, standard gym trip sans biking on weekend. My legs are weary. Two days off biking. Gym is same schedule.
    Lunch: Leftover taco mix sans tortilla form last evening. Water.
    Dinner: BAS w/ lettuce, tomato, eggs hard boiled dressing, mushrooms, cucs. Water.

Sunday: Bfst: water, single hard boiled egg, no salt. Trip to gym scheduled for after Church. No bike today.
    Rest of day undetermined as of this writing.

Best, Chas

Sunday 15 July 2012: I needed to fuel up this afternoon.Ate leftover salad from last evenings meal and a small bowl of fresh watermelon. Was famished.

Dinner tonight is some sort of Salmon fished form the freezer. Report after din din.

Best,

15 July 2012L Dinner: baked salmon thingy with crab meat...steamed squash. Butter. Water

Best, Chas

16 July 2012: Bfst: fast.

Five mile bike ride. Came home showered and drank a bottle of water. Gonna have some salad fixins at lunch time (20 minutes from now) and then nothing until dinner. If the salad does not fill er up Ill add a small bowl of cubed watermelon. News at dinner time with actuals.

Splitting my exercise regimen ....bike five miles in AM then after noon or before dinner at least complete the day with the YMCA routine. 45-55 minutes with 30 minute walk/jog and 96 reps on abs and back machines. Ill test that out for a while and see how it goes.

Best, Chas

16 July 2012: Dinner
    Ate some stir fry takeaway-chicken,scallops,shrimp. Didnt eat anything else...bottle of water. BTW I did not eat the watermelon at lunch. The salad was enough.

I was pooped last night. I fell asleep on sofa in front of TV. Ill give the five miler bike ride a try again this AM. The trip to the gym after lunch yesterday almost did me in. My lunch tried to come back up on my while jogging. So as a result I didnt get my normal 5 laps of jogging into the mix yesterday. My aerobic fitness sucks. I could feel some lite burning in my bronchial tube while on bike yesterday and some again at gym while running. Things come along very slowly at advanced age.

Bfst this AM will be my normal cup of Joe. I count that as a fast. It is no worse than a bottle of water calorie wise.

Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast