HNY Kuno too! Hey that Navy Bean soup was wonderful for dinner last night so Ill include the recipe here in case anyone wants it. It was 27 F this morning for my walk and so Im having leftover soup (small cup this time) for lunch today. Soup= Gods Gift to the Human Race.....
2 Jan 2011: Bfst: coffee, fast
2 Jan 2011: Lunch: small cup of leftover navy bean soup
Here is the recipe form Allrecipes.com
* 1 (16 ounce) package dried navy beans
* 6 cups water
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/2 pound chopped ham
* 1 cube chicken bouillon
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon dried parsley
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 3 cups water
1. Combine beans, water, tomatoes, onion, celery, garlic, ham, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, garlic, and bay leaf in a stock pot; bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for two hours.
2. Add additional water. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for an additional two hours. Discard bay leaf.
They used to call me No Neck, but now I have one.