Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Chucks Primal Adventure page 3

chasbuddy is offline Senior Member
    Jeeves! I must not have had enough food yesterday. The whole time I was walking this morning it all seemed uphill. I was struggling to keep going at the end. Now I am famished and will have a good breakfast. I need fruit this morning and I have some cantaloupe. BP off the charts low this morning. 105/66 but HR was high at 88. It is what it is I suppose. I see the Doc on Tuesday to get my blood work read. Im sure he will try to put me on statins immediately. I intend to beg off for 120 (4 months) days so I can get my metabolism base lined. Dunno what happened yesterday but now down an additional 1.4 pounds. Sheesh weight sloughs off in a non linear way.

11 July 2010: Okay, breakfast was a quarter of a cantaloupe and 2 cups of coffee. I love coffee with no cream no sugar. So far this 30 days trial on primal Ive had no grains, sugar, packaged anything and I feel fine (this mornings walk aside). I ran across the concept of calorie (or energy) density this morning and it seems to make perfect sense to me. All the blood chemistry is confusing and has so many variables and dependencies that the energy density approach seems viable. Its just another way of looking at things really. Simpler for me to grasp. Basically, eat unprocessed foods according to primal and the blood chemistry will take care of itself. I don't weigh foods (I don't have a scale) therefore I have no idea about calories. However, since I can look at websites ad find out that 1 soft commercially prepared chocolate chip cookie has about the same energy density as three medium sized heads of Iceberg lettuce, it is a simple matter to understand the composition of what we eat not only moderates caloric intake but tends to satisfy hunger pangs much more completely. I once read that the trout is a picture of an organism living on the edge of extinction. It is always one single May fly away form starvation. Yet it survives in harmony with all around it. I cannot help but believe that the human organism is just as efficient a creature and would do just as well, perhaps better, if we moderated our energy dense food intake to closer to living on the edge like our erstwhile trout example. Perhaps this isnt complicated enough for food junkies and health advocates but there it is. Personally, anything that works to keep you motivated toward a more balanced life cannot be all bad. Best, Chas
    Last edited by chasbuddy; 07-11-2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: update to clarify

11 July 2010: Day 23 of Primal Living. Lunch was 2 hard boiled eggs and a hand full of Bing cherries. Ill add to that water. Down 16.2 pounds in 23 days. I would really like to make twenty in my first 30 day challenge but if it does not happen so be it. The fruit tends to keep my body weight steady but I need some energy based on my walk this morning. We will cook some steaks and have a large salad for dinner tonight. I need some bulk I believe. Constipation is still an issue. Maybe more fats as someone suggested earlier. I'm getting tired of spitting out rabbit turds and my porcelain bowls are worse for wear. No room in the budget for new plumbing.

Scratch steak and salad. Daughter had a friend come over with B'day supper of Armenian something or other. Really tasty meat stuff and I skipped the rice and potato fried deals. Yummy. I hope I didnt blow my diet. Ate about 2 custard cup worth.
    11 July 2010 Dinner.

12 July 2010: For breakfast I'm having greek yogurt and frozen blueberries. I may try ti IF through lunch. My weight didnt move today and I expected that as yesterday showed a 1.4 lb loss-extreme IMHO. Day 24 and feeling very good. The only concerns I have are those about being very irregular. Ive gone form routine and regular to not so much. No complaints about energy, satiety or soreness. Mind you, the 1.5 mile walk carrying this load around is real work. I absolutely know what Ive been doing when I get home. It is a good feeling though.

I keep seeing folks making substitute this and that for things like cookies and cupcakes etc etc.....Im wondering how that can be good. If your Primal and feel like a cookie have one. Just remember 1 soft commercial cookie is the calorie equivalent of 3 heads of iceberg lettuce.

To lose a pound per day I can eat 1000 calories. Some days I don't eat that (1000) and am sated and comfortable. Ive not put my food into a calculator because I cant weigh stuff.....it is no easy task to shed 20 years of bad behavior.

12 July 2010: I fasted through lunch. I hope thats the correct terminology. Old school would have been "I skipped lunch".

Dinner: scored some great mgr spcl filet mignon steaks at Sprouts today. 2 each 4 oz. steaks for my wife and I and an 8 oz. for my teenage son. Also had a large helping of Broccoli and BAS to pound it off. Honestly, I do not comprehend how folks eat this much every meal...It was all I could do to finish it and the steak was wonderful. Okay, all for tonight. See you in the morning. Chas

Off to get the bad news at Doc's office this morning. No breakfast today. Perhaps a cup of black coffee.

OK bad news first. HDL 39 LDL 185. Is that terrible? Will primal help LDL? Doc sez no. I told him I wanted to do diet and exercise for 90 more days (after I complete my primal 30 day deal in another few days) and then order a new blood panel. Ok so that's that. At least he didn't tell me I had pancreatic cancer or something.
    13 July 2010: day 25 of my first total primal month. weight has not budged in three days but you will have that from time to time. Actually my second plateau in this 30 day period. I fasted for breakfast and ate some strawberries that were about to turn in the produce drawer of the fridge. Cut em up and spooned in some greek yogurt and I am guessing about 300 total calories or so. That was lunch. For dinner tonight I have small lamb chops I bought on sale yesterday at Sprouts. I will scour the place for some salad fixings or/and some steamed veggies to go with that. I will report back after Ive actually eaten a meal so accuracy is good. Weight been at 248 for three days holding at 16 pounds lost during primal month.

13 July 2010 Dinner: Glad I opted to write this after dinner. Leftover spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash foundation. Teeny tiny lamb chop. Salad leftover. I am approaching Hindenburg size and bloat levels due to irregularity. Five days now I think. Something has to give. Not normal. Lots of water all day long. Ugh. I am actually contemplating a trip to the chemist shop. Otherwise all is well.

edit: I forgot to include some dozen stuffed olives (small) that I ate in the afternoon. They were stuffed with jalapenos...I needed some punch.
    Last edited by chasbuddy; 07-14-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: add food I forgot that I ate...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    14 July 2010: Log jam finally abated this morning. More to follow I hope. Lets hear it for Phenolphthalein. Breakfast was a cup of Joe and a two egg omelet with mushrooms and onions simmered beforehand. I am going to have some cantaloupe later this morning as I am feeling a little week in the knees.

Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast