Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Chucks Primal Adventure page 2

chasbuddy is offline Senior Member
    8 July 2010: I really pigged out yesterday. Nothing non-primal but just more than I am accustomed too eating of late. In addition to bfst reported on above I ate a lunch was an apple followed by dinner which consisted of two LARGE bowls of homemade chili. Today should be loaded with green stuff. I plan on trying to find some spaghetti squash to make homemade spaghetti sauce and have sans pasta. Barring finding the squash I don't know what I will end up doing for supper, which seems like it is our main meal. Continuing with the morning walk of .8 miles every day. This morning I was fantasizing about jogging again by the time I was approaching home after my walk. Good grief.

Had small cup of blueberries and a hard boiled egg for bfst 8 July 2010....

8 July 2010: Meals this afternoon were no lunch, a dinner consisting of zucchini julienne used for a noodle replacement and home made spaghetti sauce and shrimp. The amount of squash that I could make with our lame mandolin regulated my consumption. This completes 8 July reports.

9 July 2010; time to up the ante. After three weeks of walking .8 miles each morning I upped the ante to 1.5 miles this morning. Walking time went from average of 17 minutes to my one off time of 36 minutes. It is so very hard to comprehend how unfit one can become sitting in front of a computer all day, every day for 8 years. I wasn't the paragon of fitness when I began sitting in front of a computer either. It sure seems a long way from here to 160 lbs. I haven't been 160 since 1970. I wonder if exercise is truly the elixir I am hoping it is. Hard to imagine reversing atherosclerosis by simply diet and exercise.
    Oh well, so far so good. Down a vast amount of weight and hoping for a lot more. Wish I could overcome this constipation issue though. That is annoying.

9 July 2010; Breakfast this morning was a custard cup full of cantaloupe cubed and a hard boiled egg. Feeling lighter now (!) and can actually tie my shoes sans assuming weird contortions. Amazing. Not hungry following this breakfast at all. It should be understood that I always have a mug of un creamed un sugared coffee in the morning but since it has no food value I don't report it.

Red face Update

Normally I would post lunch about now but so far no lunch. PIcked up some Greek yogut today so maybe with small chunk of fruit?

I'm experimenting with images here for the first time. I hope they come up and paint correctly. The only thing to remember about the plots is that the difference in days between day 1 and day 2 is really six days. I had to shop for scale and a BP monitor. I really wanted to get the BP monitor right so I took my time. First plot BP then Weight. Total PB days in plan is 21 counting today.

OK that is complete. Hope it shows ok....Best, Chas

Guess I need to scale those Pix. Lunch for 9 July 2010 was a small bowl of leftover chicken caccitori (sp?) from the other day. Also a small plum for a sweet. Tonight is supposed to be taco salad but Ill post here whn I actually eat some....sometimes ground beef left in freezer for a year makes us change plans.

Dinner last evening was indeed Taco Salad. Great taco seasoning from Sprouts shoppe. Fasting this morning 10 Jult 2010. Down another .6 pounds this morning but systolic BP up to 126 or so. I usually take BP about 30 minutes after my walks. I take three measures and use the middle pair for my graphs. The 1.5 mile walk causes much more sweat than the .8 mile walk. I intend on doing this one at 1.5 miles until I feel I can do it easily then extend again. As my body weight comes down and I continue to eat the same I only have one variable left to keep losing; that is exercise. I may cheat a bit later this morning after we get back from the Farmers Market and have some blueberries and Greek yogurt. Just a small cup -custard size. Yesterday I celebrated 21 day sin the system with a single dark chocolate covered cashew nut. I wonder how i will celebrate after 30 days?

I indeed did snack a little this morning. Ate a small spoonful of Greek yogurt that we found at Sprouts yesterday and mixed in some frozen blueberries. Cup of food totaled a ramadan (I think that is the name-small custard cup you bake in the oven in a water bath).. Anyway, lunch was some raw zuccini squash I saved from my squash spaghetti experiment the other day mixed with some left over chicken cacciatori. Now that is all gone. BTW I wanted to note but forgot this all applies to first half of 10 July 2010.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    10 July 2010 Dinner was a scrambled eggs with 3 eggs, bacon crumbled up and some onions. Not very exciting for a Saturday night.

But ya kno, jess cuz I'm old dont mean I'm dead....yet.

Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast