Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't afford the book yet will you please advise whats terrible to ingest? page

Styleten is offline Senior Member

Can't afford the book yet will you please advise whats terrible to ingest?

Shop Now
    My shopping list varies from week to week but here are the things that do come into my cart at some point each month.

Milk
    wheat bread
    Chicken thin sliced breasts
    Chop meat ( likely to stop eating all red meat) Buns. Processed white.
    Bananas
    Sweet Gerkins Pickles
    Strawberries
    Avocados
    Grapes
    Pears
    plums
    plots
    almonds
    pecans
    almonds
    lettuce pre mixed salads
    Peanut butter
    Kidney beans
    OJ
    fat free vanilla yogurt
    raisins
    quick quaker oats
    decaf coffee

Since i can't get the book I'm forced to ask for help with basic things.
    I rest easy being proud that i have gone to such a natural diet from mostly frozen
    selections like potato wedges, tacos and other toaster oven junk.
    I eat when hungry as opposed to morning noon and night or other schedules advised.

Ps i typically have one fast food meal a week, could be anywhere.

Can somebody edit this list into two groups. Primal and why vs Not primal and why. Then I'll l know when i want another food from the store if its primal or not based on the education i get here.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Get rid of everything except for the meat, fruit, nuts and salads. The reason is simply because the rest wasn't around in Primal days, so our bodies haven't evolved to cope with them, and they provoke an allergic response in a lot of people. Even if you can't afford the book, there is a lot of information on this site and others that you need to read.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

geekfish is offline Junior Member
    I would suggest if you can't pick up the book, check out your local library or request it.

The paleo dieat by Loren Cordain is an alternative to get most of the rationale for the diet, although I prefer the Primal Blueprint's whole lifestyle approach compared to Cordain's diet part. They also have some different stances on staturated fat.

Another way to get the basics on the diet part without the book is the Primal 101 (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/) section on the website here or Panu.com (http://www.paleonu.com/get-started/)

hutax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    Get rid of everything except for the meat, fruit, nuts and salads. The reason is simply because the rest wasn't around in Primal days, so our bodies haven't evolved to cope with them, and they provoke an allergic response in a lot of people. Even if you can't afford the book, there is a lot of information on this site and others that you need to read.
    She has it right here, it's not much more difficult than following this. Don't stop eating red meat, red meat is good for you and has lots of fat.

jadeocean is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    Yep!

I also started without the book but I read pretty much every link under the Primal Blueprint 101 on the site, it has so much info to absorb and you can definitely get most of the info you need there to live a Primal lifestyle.
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Read any of the Primal 101 blog posts or Definitive Guides for free on this very website.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I think you'll find this a very friendly, helpful forum...full of people who are much more willing to help those who help themselves.

In other words: +1 on the "read the Primal 101" advice. The information they offer is free and simple to understand and apply.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    Read any of the Primal 101 blog posts or Definitive Guides for free on this very website.
    Exactly what I was going to say. I learned a ton well before I purchased and read the book. Just get reading around the site and you'll be astonished how much info is in Mark's archives. You can also just google Primal shopping list or some such and you'll get lots of hits. Good luck to you!

chasbuddy is offline Senior Member
    If you want to read the book and do not wish to buy new try a recycled one. I use ABE Books on the internet for things I want to read but cant invest in heavily. ABE aggregates a few thousand used book store inventories in a central database and seamlessly handles checkout. I use their college bookshop to find bargains for my son who is in college now. See this link:
    http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...eprint&x=0&y=0

Styleten is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    thank you guys so much. My issue with red meat is its effects on psoriasis. I'm told its an irritant. So it might have to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast