Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are bananas keeping me from getting a flat stomach? page 3

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by lecz0r View Post
    It doesn't! Sorry, my English was not very clear - I eat tons of bacon but avoid bananas.
    Oh woops, re-reading that again, I got it. "Them" meant bananas, not bananas & bacon. My mistake.

lecz0r is offline Senior Member
    Dude... bananas and bacon sounds really tasty right now.

haha

Actually... I might get crazy one morning and wrap a banana in a couple slices of bacon and fry it up. Everything is better wrapped in bacon!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Because bacon has tons of omega 6 which could prevent weight loss....

I eat bananas everyday and I am losing weight and gaining muscle. This while keeping my omega balance to 1:1 (meaning no bacon).
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    If your concerned about potassium, add coconut water to your diet, it has tons of potassium and I utilize it when mtn biking to help with the electrolyte loss from excessive sweating.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    Because bacon has tons of omega 6 which could prevent weight loss....

I eat bananas everyday and I am losing weight and gaining muscle. This while keeping my omega balance to 1:1 (meaning no bacon).
    Point taken, but no need to be snarky about it. 6s are certainly high in bacon, I'll consider cutting it down or out and see how things go.
    I've been eating bacon every other day and I'm losing fat and gaining muscle as well. I don't think a single item is going to preclude anyone from that if you are more or less eating Paleo.

rucker_z is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    I eat bananas everyday and I am losing weight and gaining muscle.
    Me too. Lost all the weight I wanted to lose -- including getting rid of my belly fat -- and gained muscle eating 1-2 bananas daily.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lecz0r View Post
    Point taken, but no need to be snarky about it. 6s are certainly high in bacon, I'll consider cutting it down or out and see how things go.
    I've been eating bacon every other day and I'm losing fat and gaining muscle as well. I don't think a single item is going to preclude anyone from that if you are more or less eating Paleo.
    If you are still losing then I wouldn't change a thing. Most people on here don't limit their bacon and they are still doing great..Maybe something to think about when the weight loss stalls but until then I say bacon is not worth giving up
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Yea, still losing, although its been slow. I'll probably cut down on the bacon but keep it in the diet.

What I am going to do though, is remove all nuts and diary (except HWC) for a month or so and see how things level out. I'd like to have sort of a base level from where I can add things back in one at a time and see how they effect me. During the transition phase I used nuts and dairy pretty heavily as a crutch - seems like a lot of folks do - but I'm now at a point where they don't call my name as much.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainer View Post
    If your concerned about potassium, add coconut water to your diet, it has tons of potassium and I utilize it when mtn biking to help with the electrolyte loss from excessive sweating.
    Coconut water is great.

Dont forget calories in calories out people. That is #1, macronutrient ratios come second.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrappler View Post
    Dont forget calories in calories out people. That is #1
    Completely false.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast