Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are bananas keeping me from getting a flat stomach? page 2

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    No they're not. Stop being scared of carbs.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    If you're trying to lose weight I would definitely cut them out for a while. How many do you eat a day? Eating something as carby as bananas definitely stalls my weight loss, you just need to find out what works for you as everyone seems to be different in regard to the amount of carbs they can eat a day.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

hutax is offline Member
    Bananas and buleberries everyday, you probably just got your daily carbs a little high. Monitor your food , find out what the carb count is and try to keep them between 50-110 grams per day and you should get better results.

hutax is offline Member
    only eat things that grow, breath, or can be picked
    This to me means you eat EVERYTHING. Do a search in Mark's blog and you find what the primal blueprint guidelines are for eating.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Good alternative, lower carb, sources of potassium include tomatoes, avocados, Brussels sprouts, spinach, and yellow squash. I think having a wide variety, rather than gravitating or being phobic of any food is a good thing.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    2 bananas a day will run you about 80g carbs, which doesn't leave you much for other foods if you're trying to stay under 100g/day (Mark's "sweet spot for fat loss") ...and in terms of nutrition, they offer considerably less benefit than most other fruit/veg options.

Bananas aren't evil, nor are carbs in general, but they can certainly be overdone.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Styleten View Post
    Please recommend me a potassium resource to help with the prevention of cramping. I'm starting to use sea salt but haven't learned how yet.
    PM to the OP
    How about just taking a potassium supplement? That's what I do and I haven't had any problems with cramping since I started taking two 99 mg potassium capsules every night before bed.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

lecz0r is offline Senior Member
    Aye, all carbs are not evil - I refuse to be lumped in with the Atkins guys, haha - but the quality of your nutrients is important... you'd be much better served to get your 80g of carbs from veggies and some berries than from 2 bananas as BarbeyGirl suggests. This is particularly true if your goal is to get very lean and lose belly fat.

Don't forget things don't simply boil down to macro nutrient content. I love bananas almost as much as I love bacon but I rarely eat them because my intention is to lose body fat right now. If my goals were different, say maintaining weight or doing more endurance athletics, I might eat them more frequently.

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lecz0r View Post
    I love bananas almost as much as I love bacon but I rarely eat them because my intention is to lose body fat right now.
    Why would bacon go against your goal? Everyone says to eat more of these fatty meats in order to burn fat, and I have to agree.

lecz0r is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptSaltyJack View Post
    Why would bacon go against your goal? Everyone says to eat more of these fatty meats in order to burn fat, and I have to agree.
    It doesn't! Sorry, my English was not very clear - I eat tons of bacon but avoid bananas.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast