Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journey! page

LadyIsis is offline Member

Cool My Primal Journey!

Primal Fuel
    I love this and thought it was a wonderful little resource to utilize. I am on the fourth day of my renewed Primal/Paleo journey, and have seen immediate results! 5 pounds in 3 days! I wanted to use this little journal to motivate, and get motivation, and also to post my pitfalls and progress (or in some cases anti-progress). Let me say, everyone has their different goals, stressors, and motivations, while immediately I am doing this to lose weight, it is to eventually just be healthy overall. Hey, I don't want to be that fat girl in the back of the group getting munched on like zombie food because I wasn't fit enough to be at the front! Lol. So, this will be my little journal of daily challenges and victories as well as progress. Thank you guys! -Victoria

So I thought I would start this post with my stats! Hugh! I'll show you where I started, where I am, and my goal weight. On ocassion I will post what I eat and drink. So, here we go!

Height: 5'9"
    Starting Weight: 213
    Current Weight: 207
    Days primal: 4
    Goal Weight: 150

I have lost 6 pounds in 4 days! I am freaggin ecstatic! So, keeping my carbs low but still enjoying my dark chocolate, honey butter candy, and a good glass of cabernet, I do not feel restricted, nor punished. I ate a bit more sugar than I should have yesterday, and still lost a pound and shrugged it off. I'm sure when cavemen got their hands on fruit they didn't always want to stop at one! Haha. I'm proud of myself and this shall continue. Have a good day everyone!

Jimmus Prime is offline Senior Member
    Vic,

Good morning, and welcome to the community. You will like it here, and be sure to use all of the utilities to your advantage (especially nutrition and fitness pages, those are great). I wouldn't become a prisoner to the scale so early. You will definitely notice weight fluctuations at points of a pound or two, and you can't let that get you discouraged. A large part of it early on is more how much different you feel for me, but I suppose as you said everyone has different motivators.

All the best,
    - Jim
    Please feel free to follow my journal, unless you're seeing this link IN my journal... That's quite the paradox! I promise to keep my content up to date, honest, and hopefully mildly entertaining.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107788.html

Thank you so much! It is so nice to have a supporting community tha understands your struggle to change. I know that fluctuations do occur, and I have that in mind, also the Plateau... That evil thing. I just want to keep tabs incase I do plateau or begin to gain an egregious amount, so I can move more or change what I eat. I have tendancy to slip if I don't pay close attention and until I break myself, I feel I have to always make a note. We all have our weaknesses lol. But I am very very happy to have a support group with people more knowledgeable than I. Thank you for being so welcoming!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmus Prime View Post
    Vic,

Good morning, and welcome to the community. You will like it here, and be sure to use all of the utilities to your advantage (especially nutrition and fitness pages, those are great). I wouldn't become a prisoner to the scale so early. You will definitely notice weight fluctuations at points of a pound or two, and you can't let that get you discouraged. A large part of it early on is more how much different you feel for me, but I suppose as you said everyone has different motivators.

All the best,
    - Jim

Okay! So today I am honoring the 80% rule and getting some food I have been craving, while still trying to stick with Primal choices. Although a slice of cheesecake is on that list with some Chinese food, I think I can manage it just fine. I had planned on swimming but the weather here is just a bummer today. On another note, I have noticed an immediate change in my body composition just after my first week of doing PEM's and moderate/fun exercises. My thigh structure has improved and less cellulite! I have always had big thighs (Cherokee and Scotch Iris I am) so to see them shapely is fantastic! Also my upper arm is losing the access fat underneath and is reducing in size. So I am off to thoroughly enjoy some old favorites (in moderation of course) which shall be a test to my will and resolve tomorrow! Have a good day guys!

CO_Mom is offline Member
    Welcome LadyIsis! I started this journey about the same time as you.

I look forward to following your journey.
    Not all changes lead to progress. But progress is impossible without changes.

Quote Originally Posted by CO_Mom View Post
    Welcome LadyIsis! I started this journey about the same time as you.

I look forward to following your journey.
    Thank you! It's always nice to be in the same boat as someone else! It gives you that hope and motivation. Good luck to you and I hope we can share our amazing tales!

So, after my "indulgence" day, which , by the way, I did amazingly and didn't eat but a tad of grains or A LOT of sugar. So needless to say, my sensations of guilt and self hatred associated with food has subsided. I got my Chinese, but opted for meat and veggies over rice or lo mein, but I did enjoy a slice of vanilla pie, and had some ice cream . But hey, it's friggen delicious! Haha, but the next day I fell back in line, yet my stomach pain returned and I had to miss work and my workout. So I layed in the sun to help my immune system, and when the pain got worse I curled up with my dog and a blanket and took on hellspawns on Diablo III . Today I feel better, but , yet again my body desires to stand in my way. Being a woman makes my workouts lighter . It's a bummer. On my diet related note, I have began perfecting how much of what food I put in my body. I have also began fasting meals here and there, and my fat not derived from whole foods, is being cut back. I am separating my cooking aids to be used sparingly. 1 tablespoon of added fat everyday, until I realized I need more. I have also decided (with aid from fellow members) to walk away from the scale and towards the sun! Every time I want to weigh myself, I'm going to step outside and walk for five minutes. Well, that's all my updated ravings. Everyone have a great day!!

Good mornining my fellow cavepeople! Although it is raining here it is still such a beautiful day. It is a life changing day, and a good one to rid myself of over indulgence, and vices. I have found a problem, my movement. I work in a non-paleo household taking care of a disabled woman, whom I love to death, and I have tried cleaning, going outside, walking around the house, PEM's, jumping Jack's, you name it, but after being in the house for ten hours I run out of things to do. I get bored. Ack! Anywho, I have lost two more pounds since Sunday (I haven't checked it since ) and feel so much better. My hubby has noticed a difference in my body as well, which makes me happy Fitday.com has become a great tool and I finally realized how much I was eating, but it wasn't near as many calories as I thought I was eating, so it gives me room to add more grub like more veggies! Yay for mother earth! I really need to make my journal a little more organized lol, I'm always so scatter brained! Have a good day!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Phew, reading my last post reminds me that I need to lay off of the coffee. I have a serious issue, that I hope gets some answers. I live in a household with 6 other humans, and 11 dogs. I do not get adequate sleep because people do not know how to shut up, and the newest addition, which is a female homo sapien with a male canine, will start slamming doors and yelling at 12am. So if I'm not still awake, I will be soon. So my mood, energy, and diet suffer (hence the coffee drinking). People also fuss about me cooking so much. Hey, I don't eat Mickey-D's, sorry that's a crime. Sigh, I'm trying to keep my energy from turning into a sugar craving (granted I have also been dealing with my Moon Cycle). I have indulged in 90% dark chocolate, which is rich to me and satisfying, I did nibble of a Reeses brownie bar I made for the lady I care for. *end run on sentence* It is frustrating trying to help yourself when everything around you is trying to destroy your efforts. It's very depressing and discouraging. I'm almost in my third week and I'm struggling. It doesn't help either that it's constantly raining and I have no room to exercise. I'm about to rip my hair out and move out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast