Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal --Senior 65 page

Helen Guest

Primal Challenge Journal --Senior 65

Primal Fuel

I am very excited to do this challenge. I have made many lifestyle changes in the past 4 years. I am doing this to tweak my diet some more to shed these last 30lbs.

Breakfast 1 hard boiled egg and organic peach

Lunch 1/4lb ground turkey with assorted veggies, like napa cabbage, onions, garlic, zuchinni, carrot and salt-free seasoning blend

handful of almonds and one apple

Dinner will be some veggie soup made out of fish stock.

Helen Guest

Day 2:

Breakfast: I sauted in butter 2 handfuls of baby spinach. When wilted I seasoned with organic salt-free veggie blend (Costco) and then added 2 chopped hardboiled eggs. This was so good!

Lunch: Made a salad with arugula, diakon radish slices, 1 small cucumber, some purple onion and brocolli slaw. I then mushed up a can of sardines in spring water, added some olive oil, raw apple cider vinegar and teaspoon of Dijon mustard. I mixed this with the salad and also added 1 chopped hardboiled egg. Very tasty concotion if I do say so myself.

1 peach

Dinner: I sauted 1/2 purple onion, 1 sliced carrot, 1 sliced zuchinni and medium head of napa cabbage in some butter. I then added the same organic herbal blend from Costco and 1 teaspoon of curry powder. I then placed 2 seasoned salmon fillets on top of the veggies, covered with lid and lowered the heat a bit and waited for the fish to be ready. This was excellent and I will make this dish again. I loved the veggies fixed this way!

Later on tonight I will have 1 apple.

I really enjoyed all my food today.

In the gym this morning, I went on a 40 minute bike ride, the bike was set at level 10.

Helen Guest

Day 3:

It is day 3 and I am feeling great and not having any issues with this challenge at all.

Breakfast:

1 hard boiled egg and organic white peach. Yummy!

Lunch:

I had some beef from the bone soup I made. One cup of bing cherries and handful of almonds.

Dinner:

Bone broth soup with mustard greens, kale, chard, kombu, fungi. Had a big bowl of soup.

Later on tonight I will either have an apple or another peach.

Helen Guest

Day 4:

Went really well, no cravings at all. We are having cooler weather suddenly so my arthritic feet are acting up.

Breakfast:

2 large handfuls of spinach sauted in a little butter, then 1 handful of brocalli sprouts thrown in the skillet also. I added 2 chopped hard boiled eggs and really enjoyed my breakfast.

Lunch:

Big bowl of beef bone broth that I made the other day, with some of the beef from the broth. 1 organic peach and handful of almonds.

Dinner:

Sauted in glee, 1/2 onion, 1 carrot, 1 yellow squash and half head of purple cabbage. When these veggies were almost done, I placed 2 small halibut steaks that were seasoned with salt-free organic veggie blend. Covered skillet with lid and steamed the fish. Very tasty, both hubby and I enjoyed this dinner.

1 organic peach

primalmom is offline Member

yum, Helen ! your meals all sound great - is your hubby doing it with you ?? Mine is, pretty much, but I think he will have tortilla chips at lunch sometimes LOL !!!

I got some beef bones for soup - looking forward to that !

PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

Helen Guest

My husband is not going entirely primal. That is the next step! He has a bowl or oatmeal in the morning and a rice cracker in the afternoon with with almond butter and jam. All other meals are primal. I am so proud of him!

Helen Guest

Day 5:

On the suggestion of my personal trainer, I am going to forgo weighing myself until the end of the challenge. I am a bit obsessed with the scale. I can go back for 3 years and tell you what I weighed on any particular day. Wish me luck on breaking the scale habit!

Breakfast:

Leftover veggies from last night's dinner along with 2 hardboiled eggs. Yummy as usual!

Lunch:

Big bowl of bone broth and veggie soup. I think I have enough soup left for about 3 or 4 days. I made a big pot! 1 cup big cherries and handful of almonds.

Dinner:

Nice big salad made out of arugula, spinach, brocalli sprouts, 1 persian cucumber and daikon radish and 2 chopped up hardboiled eggs. Dressing was apple cider vinegar, mustard and olive oil.

Later on I will have the last organic peach. They are soooooooooooo good!

I made my hubby a veggie fritata for dinner. I used 1/4 purple onion, 1 zuchinni, 1 carrot, spinach and 1 chopped up turkey sausage. I used 2 whole eggs and 1/4 cup of leftover egg whites that I had on hand. He enjoyed his dinner with some salso spooned on top.

Bring on day 6!

Helen Guest

Day 6:

Had a very relaxing day today. Usually we are out of the house by 6:30am each morning in a hurry to get to the gym and workout.

I had time to make these really tasty gluten free muffins that Grain Free Girl posted. Here is a link to that recipe: http://grainfreegirl.blogspot.com/2009/08/low-carb-grain-free-flax-muffins.html

I made one of these easy to fix muffins and had a veggie fritata also

Lunch: Big bowl of leftover veggie and bone broth soup. 1 cup cherries

Snack: One slice of cantelope, it sure was good!

Dinner:

I browned 1lb of ground turkey, then sauted these veggies:

1/2 yellow onion

3 cloves garlic

1 carrot sliced

1 zuchinni sliced

1 yellow zuchinni also sliced

1/2 head of a small purple cabbage

I seasoned this all with a southwest type seasoning that I make and also threw in some brocalli sprouts. These sprouts, sort of looked like thin pasta.

I had a bowl of this mixture and set aside the leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.

So this portion made 3 generous servings.

I also had a handful of almonds.

I did not step on the scale today, it was a challenge not to do this. lol

Helen Guest

Day 7:

I did great, did not step on the scale today. It sort of feels good to be free of the daily stepping on the scale.

Breakfast:

1 slice of cantelope and 1 hard boiled egg.

Lunch:

Ate yesterdays dinner leftovers.

Came back from church and had 1 cup of bing cherries and handful of almonds.

Dinner:

Was a big salad. I took this large bowl, opened up one can of sardines, the kind in spring water. Mushed them all up, then added apple cider vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt-free seasoning and fresh dill. I then tossed in a handful or arugulla and spincah leaves. 1 sliced cucumber, about a 3 inch piece of daikon radish and some brocolli. I gave this mixture a good mix and had it for dinner. It filled me up and only one bowl to wash. lol

I do miss my tomatoes, but I have given up eating nightshades.

Bring on week 2!

Mr B Guest

Randomly read this post and:

"Lunch: Made a salad with arugula, diakon radish slices, 1 small cucumber, some purple onion and brocolli slaw. I then mushed up a can of sardines in spring water, added some olive oil, raw apple cider vinegar and teaspoon of Dijon mustard. I mixed this with the salad and also added 1 chopped hardboiled egg. Very tasty concotion if I do say so myself."

is basically what I have for lunch most days of the week. I love it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast