Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Want a New Lifestyle - I Need a New Lifestyle page

CO_Mom is offline Member

Journal of a New Lifestyle

Shop Now
    I've tried every diet known to mankind and I always end up back where I started.

I've started numerous exercise plans only to stop because --- name an excuse.

I want a new lifestyle. I want my health and my weight to be as typical in my day as brushing my teeth. I don't want to have to plan it every second of every minute of every hour of every day. I want it to become a part of who I am. From what I've read, PB makes sense but I'm not a biochemist so I'll trust what I've read so far.

So off I go and here I am.

I'm realistic. I don't expect changes to just happen. I know I need to work to make changes happen. I'm in!

I'm not so sure I'm be weighing and measuring what I eat. I'm not so sure I'll be tracking every bite. I'm also not so sure I'll be journaling my exercise. I know that if my health and body don't change, I will need to track and journal but for now, I'm holding myself accountable without putting it in writing.

I am sure that I can follow through as long as I'm not hungry and as long as I'm not in extreme pain - some discomfort as my newly used muscles talk to me is fine but I don't plan to push so hard that I'm wiped out and on the couch for a day.

So this is my transition week. I've cleaned out the pantry and the refrigerator. Talk about a load of crap! I've gone for a 2 mile walk every evening and did a 4.25 mile trail walk/run this morning. I'm waiting for my copy of PB and have started to plan my meals for next week.

On Sunday, I weigh and measure - me. I'll be brave.

Next week, I'll follow my planned meals and continue my nightly walk. I'll add a plank to every morning - and hopefully build up my endurance. I will add exercise into my day as my body lets me.

And when I just don't think I can make this my new lifestyle, I'll come here - to these forums - and read stories and look at pictures of everyone who is making this happen each and every day.

Let the new lifestyle begin!
    Last edited by CO_Mom; 07-16-2014 at 06:57 AM.
    Not all changes lead to progress. But progress is impossible without changes.

CO_Mom is offline Member
    The headache is gone! And it felt like last night was the best night's sleep I've had in awhile.

Are things going perfectly smooth? Absolutely not. I made brownies for my boys. Did they need them? No Why did I bake a huge tray of temptation? Because this is all new to me and I'm going to stumble before I can reach my stride.

Did I have any? Yes - a small piece and I didn't feel guilty.

Had an amazing breakfast! 3 egg omelet with sautéed mushrooms, some delicious new melon (must remember to get the name off the sticker), and a cup of Oolong tea. I enjoyed making myself breakfast instead of just grabbing breakfast. Hopefully, my creativity in the kitchen will rise to the challenge of feeding me.

narrowminded is offline Senior Member
    Welcome CO mom! You are going to love this lifestyle. Shortly you will be making your kiddos primal treats. You will not be hungry and you will lose. And I will be following your journey.

For me the loss gas been slow but consistent. There have been ups and downs but I expect that. Just remember this is a marathon, not a sprint and you'll do fine. Can't wait to see your transformation!

Grok on!

CO_Mom is offline Member
    Thank you, NM. You've done amazingly well! Congratulations! I hope to be able to do as well as you. And while I'd love to drop the weight in 30 days, my bigger desire is to keep it off for 30 years. I also want to chase my grandkids around the yard.

Great news for me - my books arrived! Hmmm - sensible indulgences include red wine. I may have to indulge a little sensibility while I read my book.

And a TMI side note - my plumbing has been on the active side. Not bad active like I can't be 2 feet from a bathroom but good active like this is how plumbing is SUPPOSE to work. Who knew?!?!

I had a peach-blueberry-spinach protein smoothie for breakfast. First time I've put olive oil in a smoothie and I was little worried about the taste coming through but it was deliciously peachy-berry. For lunch, I tried the Deviled Eggs with mashed up avocado added to the egg yolks. Tasty but I put in a little too much salt. I still ate them and I'll eat the rest but lesson learned. Fish is on the menu for dinner with the grilled Mexican squash.

I took a 3.27 mile walk while I listened to one of Mark's podcasts - better than butt down on the couch. I think I prefer music but the podcast may help with motivation as I start down this path.

Off to read - tea or wine tea or wine tea or wine

Decisions - Decisions - Decisions

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Tea!

Welcome CO Mom. Your primal journey is going to be eye opening and loads of fun. Enjoy the ride and thanks for joining us. Your food sounds great, I will have to try some of those ideas too.

Weezer is offline Junior Member
    I love your excitement. One day soon you will take a bite of that brownie and think, eewwww that was way too sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

CO_Mom is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
    I love your excitement. One day soon you will take a bite of that brownie and think, eewwww that was way too sweet.
    I can't imagine ever saying eewwww to a brownie so that will definitely be a life-changing day for me. I'm looking forward to that and many other life-changing days that lie ahead.

CO_Mom is offline Member
    Uff-Dah - I shoulda' stuck to my original dinner plan. Family decided they wanted Chipotle for dinner (we eat out probably less than once a month) and I joined them. Got a bowl with grilled chicken, no rice or beans but for some reason it didn't sit well with me. I felt miserable all evening. And yet another lesson learned.

I made it about 1/2 way through PB. For me, the book is tying everything together and making some things more clear. I'm feeling more confident that I can make this a lifestyle for me and my husband - we're soon to be empty nesters. He's with me but has got some conditions - he wants a piece of toast with his eggs. Fine by me.

Today is Sprint Saturday - hopefully my first of many. I'm not kidding myself. This could be the shortest sprint on record both in time and distance. Human nature is funny - while I'm not bothered or concerned about the actual sprint itself, I am not looking forward to having others (cars driving by, folks walking dogs, etc.) witness my sprint. Oh well - time to put on the big girl panties and deal with it, eh?

Meals are planned for the week. Grocery list is done. Next week, I will be armed and dangerous when it comes to fending off attacks of the mindless eating. That's one monster that will be hard to slay - the "putting it in my mouth just because" beast. That will be more of a "mind over food" challenge.

narrowminded is offline Senior Member
    Great plan for next week and a good goal to work on as well. How did your sprints go? Yep, can't worry about what others think. You are out there for your health not theirs. Make them jealous, make them think, "if she can do that, why can't/don't I?

As for DH, he may eventually wean himself from the bread as the other food starts to make him feel better. Just show him how much energy you have from not eating it.

Grok On!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on all the good things you have done! Don't worry about the slip ups. Just keep on doing better. A site that helped me tremendously in the beginning was elanaspantry.com. She has lots of treats and is in Boulder so everything works at our altitude. She uses coconut or almond flour for baking when you need a gluten free treat. I don't consider these staple foods, but it is nice to see you an option when you need a B-day cake or chocolate chip cookies.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast