Thread: Food questions page

Doli Jones is offline Junior Member

Food questions

Primal Fuel
    Was wondering if there is an acceptable mayonnaise. Saw a recipe on one of the web for Mark recipes and it called for it. Also is corn considered an acceptable vegetable or is it too starchy?

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    There are Primal/Paleo mayo recipes. Google. I have not tried. A couple times a week, I'll have a tablespoon or two of real mayo. Not recommending, just saying.

Corn is technically not a vegetable. It is a grain. Paleo folks generally avoid. I have a couple organic corn tortillas every week. I would have more if I could handle the carbs. And I have some fresh, local corn every summer. Again, not recommending, just saying. If you have corn, make sure it is organic. Nearly everything else is GMO.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Doli Jones is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    There are Primal/Paleo mayo recipes. Google. I have not tried. A couple times a week, I'll have a tablespoon or two of real mayo. Not recommending, just saying.

Corn is technically not a vegetable. It is a grain. Paleo folks generally avoid. I have a couple organic corn tortillas every week. I would have more if I could handle the carbs. And I have some fresh, local corn every summer. Again, not recommending, just saying. If you have corn, make sure it is organic. Nearly everything else is GMO.

Thats kind of what I thought, looking into olive oil based mayo or vegan mayo. Thanks for your in sites!

Jenster7 is offline Senior Member
    I make olive oil mayo now and again....it's best to use mild and light rather than extra virgin as it has a milder flavour. Just google it for a recipe.

alicengo is offline Junior Member
    i love mayonnaise with vegetable
    Im too thin so I <3 Mayinaise & corn! chep chep....So fantastic!
    Last edited by alicengo; 06-24-2014 at 08:53 PM.

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    Here's my recipe for mayo. I like to mix in garlic or chilli or both depending on the dish. Primal mayo | PRIMAL JOYPRIMAL JOY
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Once you get the hang of making mayonnaise, it's no trouble at all to whip up a batch in a few minutes, if you have a blender. If you don't have a blender, it's worth buying one to make your own mayonnaise.

tungrua is offline Banned
    mayonnaise with vegetable is good for me to have some more kilos and I love it!

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    1 large egg,
    1/4 t kosher salt
    1/4 t dijon mustard
    1 1/2 t fresh lemon juice
    1 t distilled white vinegar
    3/4 c macadamia nut or avocado oil.
    In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingrediants for about 30 seconds or until yolk thickens. pour about 1/3 of the oil in bowl slowly while whisking for about 1 min. slowly add half or the remaining oil and continue to whisk rapidly. onice it's emulsified, repeat with the rest of the oil.

: )
    Health is Wealth!