Thread: Small success, but cool anyway page

Sunny_daze is online now Junior Member

Small success, but cool anyway

Primal Fuel
    I have been following a primal lifestyle for about 3 months, AIP for the last 2 months. I have lost a little weight and my energy levels have greatly improved. I notice I don't have the energy dips throughout the day as I used to after meals.

But today I noticed something interesting. For the last 5 years, since the birth of my daughter, I have had dark, rough patches on my knees and elbows. It looked like I had bruises on my knees and just under my knees. They never went away no matter how hard I scrubbed or moisturized. I have suspected for a while that they were diet related but had no idea what in my diet was causing them. Well, as of a week or two ago, the dark patches are gone! My skin is still a little dry in those spots, but they no longer look bruised and I am no longer self conscious of them when wearing skirts. Small success in the scheme of things, but kind of huge for me. Just thought I would share.

Badgerfaced is offline Senior Member
    thats great! I wonder what the cause was? Do you have any idea?

pamola10 is online now Member
    Yay for you! I love that you are acknowledging that it is a huge win for you. And I love those improvements that seem to come from nowhere, meaning that you were not looking for that...but there it is! Great!

Sunny_daze is online now Junior Member
    I am not sure what could have caused it. Obviously something I was eating. In addition the eating paleo/primal, I have been following the autoimmune protocol (AIP) so for the past two months I haven't been eating: eggs, nightshades, refined sugar, nuts, any kind of grains, dairy, and legumes. Could be any of those things, but I suspect it was eating too much sugar and wheat.