Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How is fructose stored as fat? page

Karooku is offline Member

How is fructose stored as fat?

Primal Fuel
    I was wandering seeing as fructose doesn't raise insulin, yet I've read that it stores fat at a quicker rate than the other sugars.

Timthetaco Guest

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Eat whole foods - including fruits and berries. Avoid refined products, include fructose syrups.

Do NOT worry about the fructose contained in whole foods any more than you would worry about carbs in general.

Elliot is online now Senior Member
    Fructose (like glucose) can be converted into fat.

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    I'd stick with Robert Lustig.

Is Kresser seriously saying fructose is a great idea?

Back to the basics; we come from the ice age, that's not a high fructose environment. How could we possibly be adapted for large amounts?

Elliot is online now Senior Member

Back to the basics; we come from the ice age, that's not a high fructose environment. How could we possibly be adapted for large amounts?
    What's wrong with fructose?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post

Strawman! Ice age or not, eating some fruit is hardly a high fructose environment anyway. Also, maybe it was warm before the ice age and humans ate fruit as a part of their diet at that time? Maybe humans lived in tropical environment before going north? And why does humans same as fruit eaters have color vision and carnivores not? Yeah, maybe the human specie had a life before hunting Mammoths over the frozen tundra…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Strawman! Ice age or not, eating some fruit is hardly a high fructose environment anyway. Also, maybe it was warm before the ice age and humans ate fruit as a part of their diet at that time? Maybe humans lived in tropical environment before going north? And why does humans same as fruit eaters have color vision and carnivores not? Yeah, maybe the human specie had a life before hunting Mammoths over the frozen tundra…
    Lol. I love this post. I have always hated the premise of low carb eating with the ice age argument.

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    No doubt Grok's ancestors came to be in tropical environments. And our closely genetic relatives, Apes and Chimpanzees eat primarily fruit. I have NO DOUBT that we are well adapted to eating fruits and berries. Do not fear fructose in it's natural forms.

Koa
    Koa is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Fruit is awesome!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast