Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (~*Diana Renata*~) page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Ok, here we go! I'm totally jazzed!

I've got a few specific goals that I really, really want to focus on. I took measurements and recorded my starting weight.

Measurements to improve:

Abs- 31.5

Thighs- 25

Weight- 127.4

Goals:

1) Reduce measurements around abs and thighs.

2) Walk at least 30 minutes every evening after dinner, instead of watching TV.

3) Go to bed when the sun goes down, getting plenty of sleep.

4) Sprint at least once weekly.

5) Start taking my supplements again.

I may think of more goals later. Brain's a bit tired after work.

Day 1: August 3rd

I love that Primal Challenge started out at the same time as Survival Week.

WOD: 10 minutes light walk on the treadmill, chest press, shoulder press, row, lat pull. 1/2 tabata sprints on the bike- I got pooped out after 2 minutes. I really need to improve my tabatas. Gym was full of flaky girls for some "boot camp" class, so I didn't get as good a workout as I'd like. I may have to re-arrange my schedule. 2 half pull-ups at home on my iron gym. I'm getting better! Maybe I'll be able to do a whole one by the end of the month.

B: IF

L: Roasted veggies w/ herb crusted pork ribs. Radishes, carrots, mushrooms, onions and zucchini.

D: "Survivor soup" - chicken broth, chicken bits, broccoli and cauliflower, herbs. A handful of walnuts and blackberries.

Heading out for my walk in a couple minutes. Debating between sneaks, flip flops, or nekkid feet.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Bad flash backs on walking in flip flops....I recommend sneaks or nekkid :-)

LOL! I've had my flip flops on all day. I've lived in them since it turned summer. The only time I have actual shoes on my feet is when I go to the gym, cuz it's a rule.

It's crazy awesome that I work in a factory that actually let's me go practically barefoot. If it weren't for the glass fibers, I probably would.

I vote nekkid too. Be back shortly.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Sundown bedtime seems really early but I admire you for making that a goal! I'm aiming for 11:30 or earlier... as I typically get to bed past midnight (so sad).

What time does the sun set where you are?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Just got back from my walk- it's about 45 minutes exactly to get around my neighborhood.

Sun's setting now. It's usually dark by 9:00 so that's my bedtime. I'd been going to bed between 10 and 10:30 but that's much too late when I need to get up at 5. It's going to be hard to draw myself away from the tv and computer so early.

I forgot how much I like walking around my neighborhood. I found 4 mushrooms, 2 blue jay feathers, an apple tree (swiped an apple), and a penny!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Ooh yeah I guess an earlier bedtime makes sense when you have to get up so early! Sunset here is 8:15ish right now, getting earlier as the year wears on.

Sounds like you had an awesome walk! All the mushrooms I see are little brown ones.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Sweet walk!

I try to go to bed early but that doesn't mean I will fall asleep! Even when I get up super early, I still can't sleep earlier. I feel like I have a constant humming electricity through-out my body that won't shut down. Sun set is about 8pm here.

maba is offline Senior Member

I must take my measurements too and note them in my journal - never occurred to me until I saw yours. Thanks!

I could NOT get to sleep last night. Toss and turn, not to mention some *bleep* was setting off fireworks, and I had people hanging out in front of my building. Stupid landlord put a picnic table out there.

I woke up totally cranky and didn't get to the gym. Ugh. I've got a date tonight so I'm not sure if I'm going to get a workout in. Maybe I can convince him to go hiking with me. Being that I have a date, I have no way of predicting my food for the day, so I'll just have to resolve to logging at the end of the night.

Ugh. *moody*

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast