Cheers,
I'm a 30 year old guy from Copenhagen, Denmark, studying history and working as a bouncer.
All my life I've been struggling with my weight. 1 week ago I hit rock bottom/top...weighing in at 300 pounds/150 kg. I know for a fact that the last 20 pounds joined me after I stopped smoking about 1 1/2 month ago.
Something had to be done. I signed up at the gym again ( haven't really worked out for a year), talked to the coaches there, and we pretty much found out, that I had to " start strength". Normally I would never have figured out, that I needed to do heavy lifting in order to loose weigth. Anyways, the coach pointed me towards Mark's Daily Apple. I figured I might as well buy the book. So now I've got it, and started to read it. I presume, that the first order of buisiness is to cut down on carbs...so that's what I'm trying to do. But they're darned hard to avoid.
I also started playing football again ( not the soccer thing, never liked it), so I guess that's where I'll get some sprint workout from.