Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 130

Thread: Have few questions

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    78

    Have few questions

    Why Fat, Not Carbs, Are the Preferred Fuel for the Human Body | Mark's Daily Apple
    What Does it Mean to Be Fat-Adapted? | Mark's Daily Apple

    From those articles i read
    You lose weight if you lower your carbs, and raise your Protein and Fat intake.
    Does it affect you if you eat market meats which are high in omega 6 and get the same results?
    I can't seem to know where grass fed is sold, and think theirs no places where I live that sell grass fed meat.
    Can I eat market meats and still lose weight?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,629
    Yes you can.

    But you still need to eat less, not more. So, make sure you have ENOUGH protein, cut OUT the junk, cut BACK the carbs and don't ADD unnecessary fats.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Yes you can.

    But you still need to eat less, not more. So, make sure you have ENOUGH protein, cut OUT the junk, cut BACK the carbs and don't ADD unnecessary fats.
    +1

    Feedlot meats are not terrible. Just not ideal.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

    My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    78
    So i can eat the market meats which contains more omega 6 and still lose weight

    and what do you mean by feedlot means

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,851
    Lionwolf where do you live?

    omega 6 fights for the same spot as omega 3 in the body. Some people think Omega 6 leads to inflammation (it's up to you to decide if this is an important factor to you)

    Sometimes ideals and reality don't fit, so if you can't buy of afford grass fed, go for the lean cuts.

    When you cut out grains you will also cut out some carbs.

    Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    78
    I live in California los angeles
    even if i find a place to buy grass fed meats, it will be expensive and i'm just a teenager.

    Why is omega 6 not bad? From all the articles I read, it's bad.

    And what did you mean by lean cuts?
    I mostly eat chicken, I'm not sure but I think I bought chicken from sams club and it said organic.
    But i'm not sure if it did said organic, but it cost around 11$ and had 6lbs

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    world
    Posts
    1,919
    Hello,

    Quote Originally Posted by LioxWolf View Post
    From those articles i read
    You lose weight if you lower your carbs, and raise your Protein and Fat intake.
    Yes, just as you would lose weight if you lowered one other macro, or you were not eating more than one meal / day, etc.
    One thing to keep in mind is this: if you make your diet as anti-inflammatory as possible (basically remove all crap foods, heavily processed items, or shit stuff that passes for foods like weird chemical cocktails only designed in labs and fed to rats that happened to not die from them ...), eat big enough meals, don't snack in between, sleep well, move your butt, then you should lose weight.

    Quote Originally Posted by LioxWolf View Post
    Does it affect you if you eat market meats which are high in omega 6 and get the same results?
    I can't seem to know where grass fed is sold, and think theirs no places where I live that sell grass fed meat.
    Can I eat market meats and still lose weight?
    Don't mind something like omega-6. What is it really ? As I said, get the best food you can. Between something like wheat and so-called CAFO meat, which one would you spend your money on ? Sometimes, we have no choice but compromise a little. I wouldn't buy CAFO meat for other reasons thna its O6 content but if that's the only reason you are doubting, I'd say it's the least of your worries. Remember that ruminant meat is superior to non-ruminant meat. Fatty fish is also a good choice but they all come with their drawbacks. It's not black and white ...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Hello,



    Yes, just as you would lose weight if you lowered one other macro, or you were not eating more than one meal / day, etc.
    One thing to keep in mind is this: if you make your diet as anti-inflammatory as possible (basically remove all crap foods, heavily processed items, or shit stuff that passes for foods like weird chemical cocktails only designed in labs and fed to rats that happened to not die from them ...), eat big enough meals, don't snack in between, sleep well, move your butt, then you should lose weight.



    Don't mind something like omega-6. What is it really ? As I said, get the best food you can. Between something like wheat and so-called CAFO meat, which one would you spend your money on ? Sometimes, we have no choice but compromise a little. I wouldn't buy CAFO meat for other reasons thna its O6 content but if that's the only reason you are doubting, I'd say it's the least of your worries. Remember that ruminant meat is superior to non-ruminant meat. Fatty fish is also a good choice but they all come with their drawbacks. It's not black and white ...
    I will basically eat three times per day, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, right?

    What will I do in a situation which all my friends are eating Junk Food and offer me?
    I feel bad when I say no, and feel sad when I say no and see all of them eating the junk food, I feel left out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    world
    Posts
    1,919
    Quote Originally Posted by LioxWolf View Post
    What will I do in a situation which all my friends are eating Junk Food and offer me?
    I feel bad when I say no, and feel sad when I say no and see all of them eating the junk food, I feel left out.
    I will say it's your own choice, nobody will make it for you. Whatever you choose to do, feel good about it (or try to).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,208
    Quote Originally Posted by LioxWolf View Post
    What will I do in a situation which all my friends are eating Junk Food and offer me?
    I feel bad when I say no, and feel sad when I say no and see all of them eating the junk food, I feel left out.
    Nobody is going to hold a gun to your head and make you eat the food. Nobody is going to hold a gun to your head and make you reject the food. You've got to decide what you want to eat, and stick with it.

    Why should you feel bad for saying no to junk?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •