Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Have few questions page

LioxWolf is offline Member

Have few questions

Primal Fuel
    Why Fat, Not Carbs, Are the Preferred Fuel for the Human Body | Mark's Daily Apple
    What Does it Mean to Be Fat-Adapted? | Mark's Daily Apple

From those articles i read
    You lose weight if you lower your carbs, and raise your Protein and Fat intake.
    Does it affect you if you eat market meats which are high in omega 6 and get the same results?
    I can't seem to know where grass fed is sold, and think theirs no places where I live that sell grass fed meat.
    Can I eat market meats and still lose weight?

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Yes you can.

But you still need to eat less, not more. So, make sure you have ENOUGH protein, cut OUT the junk, cut BACK the carbs and don't ADD unnecessary fats.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Yes you can.

But you still need to eat less, not more. So, make sure you have ENOUGH protein, cut OUT the junk, cut BACK the carbs and don't ADD unnecessary fats.
    +1

Feedlot meats are not terrible. Just not ideal.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

So i can eat the market meats which contains more omega 6 and still lose weight

and what do you mean by feedlot means

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    Lionwolf where do you live?

omega 6 fights for the same spot as omega 3 in the body. Some people think Omega 6 leads to inflammation (it's up to you to decide if this is an important factor to you)

Sometimes ideals and reality don't fit, so if you can't buy of afford grass fed, go for the lean cuts.

When you cut out grains you will also cut out some carbs.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I live in California los angeles
    even if i find a place to buy grass fed meats, it will be expensive and i'm just a teenager.

Why is omega 6 not bad? From all the articles I read, it's bad.

And what did you mean by lean cuts?
    I mostly eat chicken, I'm not sure but I think I bought chicken from sams club and it said organic.
    But i'm not sure if it did said organic, but it cost around 11$ and had 6lbs

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by LioxWolf View Post
    From those articles i read
    You lose weight if you lower your carbs, and raise your Protein and Fat intake.
    Yes, just as you would lose weight if you lowered one other macro, or you were not eating more than one meal / day, etc.
    One thing to keep in mind is this: if you make your diet as anti-inflammatory as possible (basically remove all crap foods, heavily processed items, or shit stuff that passes for foods like weird chemical cocktails only designed in labs and fed to rats that happened to not die from them ...), eat big enough meals, don't snack in between, sleep well, move your butt, then you should lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by LioxWolf View Post
    Does it affect you if you eat market meats which are high in omega 6 and get the same results?
    I can't seem to know where grass fed is sold, and think theirs no places where I live that sell grass fed meat.
    Can I eat market meats and still lose weight?
    Don't mind something like omega-6. What is it really ? As I said, get the best food you can. Between something like wheat and so-called CAFO meat, which one would you spend your money on ? Sometimes, we have no choice but compromise a little. I wouldn't buy CAFO meat for other reasons thna its O6 content but if that's the only reason you are doubting, I'd say it's the least of your worries. Remember that ruminant meat is superior to non-ruminant meat. Fatty fish is also a good choice but they all come with their drawbacks. It's not black and white ...

Steady is online now Senior Member
    LioxWolf:

Firstly, well down for choosing health at such a young age. Secondly, have you read the Primal Blueprint? Some of it may be too much but it would still be well worth reading to get a good base knowledge.

Simply start by cutting out junk food, junk drinks and grain based foods like bread, cereal and pasta. Eat lots of veggies, different types of meat (including organ meats like liver and kidney) and fish, some fruit and some nuts. Thats a good starting point and then you can bounce off of that.

Read the book and good luck.
    Last edited by Steady; 06-12-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    Meat without fat is called lean meat.

Omega 6 is insignificant if your eating healthy, you won't get that much.

Some people here stear away from chicken and pork due to PUFA and omega 6 (I don't) but it just depends on what your goals are.

As said, do the best you can. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    LioxWolf:

Firstly, well down for choosing health at such a young age. Secondly, have you read the Primal Blueprint? Some of it may be too much but it would still be well worth reading to get a good base knowledge.

Simply start by cutting out junk food, junk drinks and grain based foods like bread, cereal and pasta. Eat lots of veggies, different types of meat (including organ meats like liver and kidney) and fish, some fruit and some nuts. Thats a good starting point and then you can bounce off of that.

Read the book and good luck.
    I would say I have a bit of knowledge, I have been researching about this kind of stuff since 15 years old.
    I know what's a calorie deficit, fad diets, and some other stuff.
    I even took a class of Health in my school, which was the same stuff I learn by my self by surfing the internet.

I hate sea food, and feel disgusted if I eat Organ meats...

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast