Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Have few questions page 2

LioxWolf is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was going to do this program HASfit's Free 30 Day Teenage Weight Loss Program - Weight Loss For Teens | HASfit - Best Free Workouts, Fitness Programs, Exercise Videos
    it involve in eating 5x meals each 2-3 hrs.
    With Breakfast,snack,Lunch,snack,Dinner
    but involving you in counting and minimizing your carbs and protein

But Ill be eating High Fat/Protein and Low Carb, and do the exercise that were from the website
    30 Day Teenage Weight Loss Program - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Hannakb View Post
    Meat without fat is called lean meat.

Omega 6 is insignificant if your eating healthy, you won't get that much.

Some people here stear away from chicken and pork due to PUFA and omega 6 (I don't) but it just depends on what your goals are.

As said, do the best you can. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Chicken is the meat that I prefer to eat.

Also can I still drink milk a couple of times?
    Milk is the best drink that I will never say no to.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Hello,

Yes, just as you would lose weight if you lowered one other macro, or you were not eating more than one meal / day, etc.
    One thing to keep in mind is this: if you make your diet as anti-inflammatory as possible (basically remove all crap foods, heavily processed items, or shit stuff that passes for foods like weird chemical cocktails only designed in labs and fed to rats that happened to not die from them ...), eat big enough meals, don't snack in between, sleep well, move your butt, then you should lose weight.

Don't mind something like omega-6. What is it really ? As I said, get the best food you can. Between something like wheat and so-called CAFO meat, which one would you spend your money on ? Sometimes, we have no choice but compromise a little. I wouldn't buy CAFO meat for other reasons thna its O6 content but if that's the only reason you are doubting, I'd say it's the least of your worries. Remember that ruminant meat is superior to non-ruminant meat. Fatty fish is also a good choice but they all come with their drawbacks. It's not black and white ...
    I will basically eat three times per day, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, right?

What will I do in a situation which all my friends are eating Junk Food and offer me?
    I feel bad when I say no, and feel sad when I say no and see all of them eating the junk food, I feel left out.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LioxWolf View Post
    What will I do in a situation which all my friends are eating Junk Food and offer me?
    I feel bad when I say no, and feel sad when I say no and see all of them eating the junk food, I feel left out.
    I will say it's your own choice, nobody will make it for you. Whatever you choose to do, feel good about it (or try to).

Steady is offline Senior Member
    You need to decided whether what you want in regards to body composition outweighs the want for junk food. If the answer is yes then it should be simple to say no to junk food.

I'm not suggesting the things you have read are wrong, but I'd guess it was based on conventional wisdom. The Primal Blueprint goes against all that. I would highly recommend reading it.

Aim for good health and happiness and the fitness and weight loss will happen.

And diversify your palette man... get some red meat down you, and try some fish like salmon to start with. And there's nothing wrong with the odd glass of milk, make it whole full fat milk though and just bare in mind it does contain around 5g of carbs (lactose) per 100ml. So if your trying to cut body fat it might be best to limit the milk for a while.

Seriously though, good luck. I hope it all comes together for you.
    Last edited by Steady; 06-12-2014 at 02:42 PM.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Nobody is going to hold a gun to your head and make you eat the food. Nobody is going to hold a gun to your head and make you reject the food. You've got to decide what you want to eat, and stick with it.

Why should you feel bad for saying no to junk?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Nobody is going to hold a gun to your head and make you eat the food. Nobody is going to hold a gun to your head and make you reject the food. You've got to decide what you want to eat, and stick with it.

Why should you feel bad for saying no to junk?
    Yes.

You could say something like "I have more respect for my body than that". Or at least just think it to yourself as you turn it down.

Hannakb is offline Senior Member

Also can I still drink milk a couple of times?
    Milk is the best drink that I will never say no to.
    Milks good if you don't have any issues with it (lactose intolerance, dairy intolerance, etc) but from a weight loss point of view maybe keep it to a minimum or switch to low fat.

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    As I've said, it's up to you to decide if it's important to your situation. Someone with chronic inflammation may see it as important. I personally like chicken but also have beef, pork, lamb & kangaroo in my diet.

I also blend liver into ground meat, 3oz of (chicken) liver to 1lb of ground beef. Can't taste it.

I'd like to try heart. Haven't gotten round to it yet

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's a lot of info to take in...
    From all the knowledge I have acquired, and than taking out that knowledge and replacing it with what you all are saying.
    Thanks for your time and helping me understand.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast