Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Have few questions page 11

Carnivor0us is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I thought my insulin resistance and pcos was because of my years of crappy food and high carbs. But keto also makes you insulin resistant? /? Me no understand can someone explain

Sent from my XT557 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Hannakb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivor0us View Post
    I thought my insulin resistance and pcos was because of my years of crappy food and high carbs. But keto also makes you insulin resistant? /? Me no understand can someone explain

I thought it was a use it or lose it kinda thing (very technical words)

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivor0us View Post

Sure, at keto levels of carbs, glucose is reserved for you brain, so your other cells stop listening to insulin for that purpose. Very easy

LioxWolf is offline Member
    So what i eat is good?
    And the Meat is not grass fed, nor is the eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by LioxWolf View Post
    So what i eat is good?
    And the Meat is not grass fed, nor is the eggs.
    Well, you do with what you can get. Sure the fat profile and micro-nutrient content of conventionally produced meat and eggs are inferior to local organic grass-fed foods, but it sure is better than cereals, soy-laden processed foods, frozen pizzas and (industrial chemical laden)desserts every day!

Get the best you can as long as it is whole foods. Canola oil is crap, virgin olive oil is good (so long as it is the real deal, don't trust all the stuff you see on the supermarket shelf). You can even cook with it, just don't make it past the smoking point (high temp). You'll know if you try to fry something hard with it, it starts to smell real bad and you have some smoke coming out. Otherwise, nothing wrong with olive oil based cooking, like all Mediterranean cooks are doing.

When you buy non grass fed meats, if in doubt, remove the obvious chunks of fat from it. When it is grass fed and locally grown, keep it for sure

Ok thanks
    And I have been just consuming the Virgin olive oil as tablespoon, I am new to the flavor, I don't like it when it's on my food, tastes weird. So I rather just pour it in a tablespoon and sip it.
    How long you advice me to keep on this? Do i really need to get a refeed?
    So far it has been maybe 7 weeks in ketosis.
    Just doing low intensity work outs, and walking each day.

Also how can I lower or vanish my man boobs? Do I need to go lower in Body Fat percentage?
    Also yesterday I ate a candy, but a very tiny bit of it. I ate 2 mini sour worms. It was less around 2/3 of a inch.
    It was around 1-2carb total. I just like to eat sour food. I like to sip on lemons.

Ok thanks
    And I have been just consuming the Virgin olive oil as tablespoon, I am new to the flavor, I don't like it when it's on my food, tastes weird. So I rather just pour it in a tablespoon and sip it.
    Depends on the oil quality, source, 1st press or not, and if you grew up having it during your childhood (I did, being from north-african descent). Usually, commercial ones are almost tasteless. I know the difference because I have access to locally made stuff from family, which is more fragrant.

How long you advice me to keep on this? Do i really need to get a refeed?
    So far it has been maybe 7 weeks in ketosis.
    7 weeks ? I don't know man, I am in ketosis once in a while because I fast for very long, I never experienced "nutritional" ketosis, which to me is a simulation of the real ketosis but not exactly the same (you are not fasting, you still eat stuff so the hormonal environment is slightly different, you still shuttle nutrients to cells during digestion, etc).

To be frank, I'd say you don't need it at all.

Just doing low intensity work outs, and walking each day.
    Well, that's good.

Also how can I lower or vanish my man boobs? Do I need to go lower in Body Fat percentage?
    You need to increase testosterone by heavy weight lifting, hard but short work-outs, proper foods (i.e. high protein from meats, eggs, and gelatin), and STARCHES! and lots of recovery and sleep.
    Do lots of push-ups, pull-ups, dips, and lift some weights. This will reshape your breast quite quickly but you need to be consistent and recover plenty from your work-outs. Train hard, short and smart.

Also yesterday I ate a candy, but a very tiny bit of it. I ate 2 mini sour worms. It was less around 2/3 of a inch.
    It was around 1-2carb total. I just like to eat sour food. I like to sip on lemons.
    Good for you, a candy now and then is fine, have 2 if you like. Don't have a whole bag every day though, that shit is addictive

Sour stuff is really healthy (lemon, vinegar, etc). Have at it every day at every meal if you can (lemon juice based dressing, vinegar, pickles, fermented veggies and dairy, etc).

But should i maybe do heavy lifting when i am more less in fat, Right now i have small weights that are 15lb ea. Reason why i am doing ketosis is so i can lose weight a bit faster. I am a senior and preparing to lose weight and.become lean as i am interested in joining the army. And also want to start doing like boxing and types of fighting.

But should i maybe do heavy lifting when i am more less in fat, Right now i have small weights that are 15lb ea. Reason why i am doing ketosis is so i can lose weight a bit faster. I am a senior and preparing to lose weight and.become lean as i am interested in joining the army. And also want to start doing like boxing and types of fighting.
    is that your goal ? I'd focus on getting strong, forget the fat and weight and ketosis. Get strong, lift heavy shit, eat a lot of protein from whole sources (animals, dairy). And get your starches dialed in as well! Fruits, potatoes, etc. Skip breakfast most of the time and do fasted workouts half of the time.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No, I am still overweight. Still have love handles.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast