Thread: A Childhood Dream Revisited - Getting Back on Track page

norseman is online now Member

Wink A Childhood Dream Revisited - Getting Back on Track

Shop Now
    As a kid growing up we all had heroes and like most people mine were always superheroes. I grew up always wanting to be as strong as Superman, have all the cool gadgets Batman had, be as strong as Thor, etc. It's part of a healthy childhood and a good imagination I'm sure. So, where am I going with this?

Well, now that I'm cleverly disguised as a responsible adult and 34 years old, I look back to those wants and wishes and realize that, while the exact goals may have shifted, the same superhero desire is still there. Long gone are the times I've wished for super powers or mutant abilities, but as I see some of my childhood heroes come to life on the big screen I see it in a new light. I want to have that superhero physique. I want to be healthy, strong, and everything else those heroes are in those movies.

Now at this point some of you might be laughing a bit and I understand, I'm not really saying I want to be dashing around a city with spandex tights or anything, but taking a childhood goal, putting a new paint job on it, and using that as a goal now seems like a reasonable recipe for success.

So today I reboot my exercise and eating habit goals, I work to get back to being completely Primal, and I look forward to being a carbon copy of some of my childhood heroes...at least in appearance. Here's to becoming the next Captain America!

For any of you who followed my previous thread I welcome you to join me again and leave comments, questions, or words of encouragement to help me get the ball rolling again. I was derailed after getting the flu and being out of the game for almost 3 weeks, so it's been a frustrating few weeks. But I'm fully ready to get back into the swing of things. Looking back, the daily updating of that previous journal is really what kept me motivated and on track. Thank you all who helped with that in the past and for any of you who comment and join in as I pick up where I left off!
    My progress... and hopefully a fair dose of funny stories:

A Childhood Dream Revisited - Getting Back on Track
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1495959

Old Journal:
    A Game of Groans: A quest for something different
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread102291.html

Day 1: Ground Zero

Meal Recap

Breakfast: 4-Egg Omelet with organic salsa and handful of organic cheese.
    Since getting sick I had rarely had the desire or time to cook. Now that I'm getting started again it feels good to eat a healthy breakfast!

Lunch: Homemade chicken fajitas, guacamole, handful of organic cheese.
    Probably my biggest food weakness is also something that's completely Primal (when you leave out the tortillas)!

Dinner: Baked chicken and.... french fries.
    Yeah... I know, I know. French fries are bad. Last night's dinner was a spur of the moment thing, so I had to make due.

Snacks (throughout the day):
    2 handfuls of mixed nuts (no peanuts), 1 can of Diet Pepsi.
    And another terrible habit I got back into was drinking soda. This will be my last can.

Not the proudest of meal entries, but it's where I'm starting. Looking at it now on here will help motivate me to stop eating and drinking such bad options.

STARTING WEIGHT (6/10/2014): 239
    CURRENT WEIGHT (6/11/2014): 239

EXERCISE: None.

Well it's good to be back here and I really look forward to getting back on track. It was very frustrating to watch nearly all the work I had done slip away over the last few weeks/months, but now it's time to get back on track!

Old Journal:

Day 2

DAY 2
    Meal Recap

Breakfast: Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie dough protein bar
    I'm not sure if these are Primal, but they are on hand, quick, and a better choice then most breakfasts when I'm in a rush, so I'm going to go with it.

Lunch: Pulled Pork on a plate with mashed sweet potato
    Pulled pork is always delicious. A little light bit of sauce on it, but otherwise completely Primal.

Dinner: 6-Egg Omelet with a handful of cheese and some turkey sausage.
    I could eat breakfast any time!

Snacks (throughout the day):
    3 handfuls of mixed fruit (blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries), 1 package mixed nuts (no peanuts), 1 Primal fuel shake, and 1 can of Diet Pepsi.
    So when I said last can yesterday... it was a theoretical last can... I mean... like metaphorically I wouldn't drink any more soda.. but in reality... I would... I don't know, I have no defense haha Joking aside I need to stop drinking soda again :-/

STARTING WEIGHT (6/10/2014): 239
    CURRENT WEIGHT (6/12/2014): 237.5

EXERCISE: Short 1/2 hour weight session (shoulders and chest routine).

I went so long last time around without drinking soda, and unfortunately I'm back on the habit :-/ I need to come up with some interesting alternatives. Drinking only water or unsweet tea doesn't always cut it for me. Argh!

Any suggestions?

Old Journal: