Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pot of coffee versus pot of coffee - bean counter page

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

Pot of coffee versus pot of coffee - bean counter

Primal Fuel
    When people say they are drinking a cup or a pot of coffee, it means nothing. I can take 1/2 cup of beans and brew it into one cup or a whole pot! Why aren't we saying how many beans we brewed instead?!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    I think it does not matter

DennyB is online now Senior Member
    Who would drink a whole pot of coffee brewed with only 1/2 cup of beans!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I weigh my water and coffee. I use a 1:19 ratio of bean to water.
    Last edited by yodiewan; 06-10-2014 at 05:24 AM.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I think I just drank 37 beans of coffee.
    The Champagne of Beards

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    When people say they are drinking a cup or a pot of coffee, it means nothing. I can take 1/2 cup of beans and brew it into one cup or a whole pot! Why aren't we saying how many beans we brewed instead?!
    I just measure add beans to the grinder until I hit a certain line on it. I know that more beans is too strong and less beans is too weak.

I don't count the beans because I have a life. and friends. and a job. a wife. a baby on the way. 2 dogs. and countless other things I can do with my time that doesn't involve counting coffee beans.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Well, yeah. I don't mean actually counting bean by bean! But the finished product is mostly water with some plant extract. Having more or less water to the same amount of extract ought not quality as more or less coffee. We really ought to say we brewed a given weight or volume or coffee beans into x water.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    this seems like a topic a really bored person came up with. are you off from work today knifey? lol.

I know what you're saying though. a "pot" or "cup" of coffee can mean so many things to so many different people. it could be single origin, freshly ground, french pressed coffee, made moderately strong like I make it. or it could be folgers in a drip machine, made super weak or super strong like others make it.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Well, yeah. I don't mean actually counting bean by bean! But the finished product is mostly water with some plant extract. Having more or less water to the same amount of extract ought not quality as more or less coffee. We really ought to say we brewed a given weight or volume or coffee beans into x water.
    You're totally right, you're just overthinking this. Different beans & different roasts have different amounts of the particular extractives anyway. It's not precise to say "I drank a pot of coffee," but it doesn't really need to be.
    The Champagne of Beards

edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I just measure add beans to the grinder until I hit a certain line on it. I know that more beans is too strong and less beans is too weak.

I don't count the beans because I have a life. and friends. and a job. a wife. a baby on the way. 2 dogs. and countless other things I can do with my time that doesn't involve counting coffee beans.
    Congrats on the baby!! Sorry, off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast